Forums: Relationships:
Woman Talk

MY BABIES FATHER HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JOANY On March 07, 2010

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 23:37:20
I have a 8 month old baby, I only slept with his father once and we were never in a relationship. We have gotten to know each other and get on fine, he see's his son on a regular basis .
I found out through facebook that he was seeing someone a month or so ago, but he didn't tell me. When i ask him he said he didn't want to tell me because he didn't know how i would react, he said he didn't want me to think he was playing happy families with her and my son.
We agreed that he would't introduce her to our son yet as its quite a new relationship, but its going to happen eventually.
I never really thought about us getting together because i just wanted to concentrate on my baby and not complicate things. I still dont see us getting together its not something we've ever mentions. I feel a bit wierd about him having a girlfriend and don't want another girl trying to play mum to my child(but i don't think that would happen)
I really don't know how i should feel about it ? i don't think i want anything to happen between us but can't help feeling jealous and that i just don't like it. Has anyone else been in this situation or have any advice for me. Im sorry to go on but i'm really confused, if anyone has any wise words for me i would be very grateful, thanks.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#2New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 00:12:26
This is something that was going to happen, You have to accept that, Thats something that goes along with your situation.
Starting a family without love and commitment will be complicated,and even more difficult.
You have to accept,him being in a relationship
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#3New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 00:17:48
@Allyson Said

This is something that was going to happen, You have to accept that, Thats something that goes along with your situation.
Starting a family without love and commitment will be complicated,and even more difficult.
You have to accept,him being in a relationship

I agree with Ally..it's just the way it is sometimes..

I think I'd analyze those jealous feelings though..and try to find out just what they really mean to you.

Could be a part of you really wants to be with him; and maybe a part of him wants the same.
He was awfully considerate of your feelings.
abzenze On March 21, 2011

unknown, Australia
#4New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 02:22:02
maybe u have already placed responsibilities and expectations on this man of a supportive family.. and u feel this women may pull him away ????

either way ..

just remember this man is just the man of your child.. and thats the only connection you have with him now.. but i think u are holding onto the family aspect of him.. you want it to be a real family like most women dream off. .

remember your situation and where you stand with eachother .. it seems like he is already very supportive and caring .. most men run

Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#5New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 02:38:06
I think it would be best to have a conversation with him about both your and his expectations of how your child will or will not interact with eachother's future partners. Set some guidelines, express your concerns, and make plans to ensure your biggest concerns don't happen.
mistyblues On January 15, 2010

Deleted

, Greece
#6New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 02:45:57
@abzenze Said

maybe u have already placed responsibilities and expectations on this man of a supportive family.. and u feel this women may pull him away ????

either way ..

just remember this man is just the man of your child.. and thats the only connection you have with him now.. but i think u are holding onto the family aspect of him.. you want it to be a real family like most women dream off. .

remember your situation and where you stand with eachother .. it seems like he is already very supportive and caring .. most men run

@Lili Said

I think it would be best to have a conversation with him about both your and his expectations of how your child will or will not interact with eachother's future partners. Set some guidelines, express your concerns, and make plans to ensure your biggest concerns don't happen.

You both ladies make very good point.
xoxtemptation On November 18, 2009

north vancouver, Canada
#7New Post! Nov 09, 2009 @ 16:04:27
I think you just have to live with him being with other women, even if he is the father of your son, unless this relationship he is having is effecting your son in any way then it should be perfectly normal for him to have girlfriends, i agree with you about not having him introduce your son to his girlfriend yet. Also it's just natural for you to be jealous even if you weren't together in the first place, I mean...Jealousy is almost every women's middle name
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs