Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Logical Justification for What You Felt Were Your Poorest of Choices

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 21:42:17
First off, we all make mistakes, we all screw up and there's plenty of things that we all could've handled better.

But for each and every individual there is a method to their madness that drives most of their actions.

Alot of what we did in the past that we feel most guilty for, if you could actually time warp yourself back to that point through retracing of steps, you would come to realise that not only did you make the best decision given that situation, in the long run, you actually benefited those involved moreso than you hurt.

Even in situations where we are pitted into questioning ourselves the most we must remember that we are the ones that know ourselves the most.

There is a logical reasoning behind our intentions.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 21:46:50
Logical, maybe at the time..and perhaps the right choice...

But there were many times, I rationalized things to be the right choice, but if I could go back, I have to admit I'd do things differently.

Still, all was not wasted; like it or not, for better or worse, I learned..no matter how long the lesson was in coming..
and my choices have molded me into who Iam.

And I must say, I LOVE me. (Not IN love with me, for those who don't know the difference, but love who Iam).
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#3New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 21:47:25
@Electric_Banana Said

There is a logical reasoning behind our intentions.

that sounds like more of fate and faith based reflection on life... just like we trust that what we did was the right thing overall, because we just don't know how we may have turned out otherwise...

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 22:13:35
@chisa96 Said

that sounds like more of fate and faith based reflection on life... just like we trust that what we did was the right thing overall, because we just don't know how we may have turned out otherwise...

Removing fate and faith from the equation.

You can look back at alot of things and say to yourself "Now why didn't I do that?" or "Why did I end this?" and feel remorse that you missed out by not taking advantage of the moment but then reconsidering it you realise "I didn't do this" and "I ended this" because it would've led to taking advantage of someone.

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 22:21:17
@loveis Said

Logical, maybe at the time..and perhaps the right choice...

But there were many times, I rationalized things to be the right choice, but if I could go back, I have to admit I'd do things differently.

Still, all was not wasted; like it or not, for better or worse, I learned..no matter how long the lesson was in coming..
and my choices have molded me into who Iam.

And I must say, I LOVE me. (Not IN love with me, for those who don't know the difference, but love who Iam).

There's quite alot I would've done differently but alot of things I don't believe would've harvested any fruit anyway.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 22:29:41
Actually I can put it like this. Now that I know better, if I could do it again, I would've aimed for the same results but I would've handled the individuals differently instead of the child like manner in which I did.

The reasoning was honest but the way I delivered the message was not.

But I'm going back between the ages of 16 and 19. I think alot of us were screwy back then.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#7New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 05:05:27
@Electric_Banana Said

Removing fate and faith from the equation.

You can look back at alot of things and say to yourself "Now why didn't I do that?" or "Why did I end this?" and feel remorse that you missed out by not taking advantage of the moment but then reconsidering it you realise "I didn't do this" and "I ended this" because it would've led to taking advantage of someone.

that just doesn't sound like a mistake; that sounds like we took the decent, moral road...

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 05:10:50
What I've come to realise is that my motives were proper even if, at the time, I didn't have the intellect to express myself in a manner that wasn't assinine but even this served it's own purpose because by severing ties in an assinine manner it's easier for the other person to walk away thinking "jerk" and move on.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 05:11:40
I never cheated on anyone but I sure did turn away alot of people.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs