The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Advice--should I meet my online friend??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
x_destiny_x On March 14, 2010

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 17:26:35
Oh another Marisa on here With regards to your question I don't see any harm in meeting him. If you have spoke on the phone, been on webcam so you know he isnt some old man pretending about his age (some people do that). But if you do meet him I would advice meeting in a public place and preferably bring along a friend with you. I am sure he wouldn't mind a friend coming along. Lol maybe he could bring a friend and they could become to like each other.
Good luck whatever you decide.
x_destiny_x On March 14, 2010

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 17:41:34
MaleAttract I personally myself wouldn't meet a guy that I met online unless I got to know them very well first. I would need to be talking on phone and online for a good year or so. It is not safe the internet these days. A few weeks back some girl from the UK met a bloke she made friends with on facebook. She was 17 and he claimed to be 16, he was infact a 32 year old paedofile and ended up killing her
marrisa3636 On October 24, 2010

Chicago,
#18New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 21:15:48
Sorry,I moved to FL this year from Chicago, never got around to changing this stuff on here.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#19New Post! Nov 07, 2009 @ 21:48:39
You should not go see him, he should come and see you.

That'd be even safer.

#1 if you don't like how it feels you have a lot of places you can go and he won't know where to go look for you since he doesn't know the area.

#2 if he tries something he'll be stuck out there all on his own. The odds would be stacked a little more in your favor since, again, it's your home territory and not his.

#3 if he really wants to meet you he can get off his freagin *FCC censorship* and go see you.
bongo On November 12, 2009

sunderland, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 22:37:25
@x_destiny_x Said

MaleAttract I personally myself wouldn't meet a guy that I met online unless I got to know them very well first. I would need to be talking on phone and online for a good year or so. It is not safe the internet these days. A few weeks back some girl from the UK met a bloke she made friends with on facebook. She was 17 and he claimed to be 16, he was infact a 32 year old paedofile and ended up killing her

That was very close to my home!
As a mother, I gotta speak like a mother............

Dont go, u said he jokingly asked you to pay for HIS transport to come and see u? That set alarm bells off straight away.

If he really wants to meet up with you, he would pay for his own travel to come and see you. At least that would put u at ease coz then u are in ur own familiar environment, so if you didnt get on you could walk away easy enough.

Whatever you decide to do, stay safe, take a friend and dont hesitate to walk away if that gut feeling tells u to.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Nov 08, 2009 @ 22:52:08
I met my bf in the same way. We started chatting in February of this year, but we didn't meet until August. We did want to meet earlier, but there were always things getting in the way (sick relatives, exams, my ocassional trip to London!) And then during the summer I ended up in London for a month, and I travelled to Plymouth for a day just so we could go on our first date!

So, in short, just go for it. You don't get what you want in life by being cautious! Obviously, though, meet in a public place first
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs