Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#16New Post! Nov 04, 2009 @ 23:58:20
@DiscordTiger Said

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys By: Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

Thank ya!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#17New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:00:30
@Kristy69 Said

You're right.
That's not to say I still won't IM him (if he's online) just to say "hi", you know? But I'm not going to be like:
"Sooo... are you free tonight?"

And I actually really want to read that. Do you know who it's by?

It's called "He's just not that into you" and it's by Greg Behrendt. Here's a link to it on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/189-6085038-0072920?a=068987474X

I'm not sure if that link will work since I'm on my phone, and so it's a mobile-formatted page.
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#18New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:02:04
@Lili Said

I can definitely agree with that!. Man, when I look back on all the grief those stupid boys put me through...and for what? I'm kinda over relationships in general. It seems like people just want to control eachother all the time, tell them how and who to be, it's dumb. Why can't people just accept one another for how they are?

I always say that if my marrage fails, which it most likely will, im never having a relationship again. Im gonna just stick to casual flings.
I cant remember what its like to just do something without haveing to consult first.

And the change thing, im completely unrecognisable as a person from what i was when i met her. i gave up a lot of freinds and habits and ways to please her and still shes not happy.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#19New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:07:44
The book basically says that all of the worrying and analyzing is unnecessary because when a guy decides he wants to be with you, he will make it abundantly clear. You will have a hard time getting him to go away in fact. Guys aren't subtle about it. I can attest to that personally, guys can be very determined when they set their mind on a girl they want. And that doesn't just pertain to first or second dates. It applies to long term commitments, marriage, kids, the whole bit. When they want something, you will know.
Carly's Mommy

#20New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:09:12
@Lili Said

The book basically says that all of the worrying and analyzing is unnecessary because when a guy decides he wants to be with you, he will make it abundantly clear. You will have a hard time getting him to go away in fact. Guys aren't subtle about it. I can attest to that personally, guys can be very determined when they set their mind on a girl they want. And that doesn't just pertain to first or second dates. It applies to long term commitments, marriage, kids, the whole bit. When they want something, you will know.

I need this book.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#21New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:11:04
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

I always say that if my marrage fails, which it most likely will, im never having a relationship again. Im gonna just stick to casual flings.
I cant remember what its like to just do something without haveing to consult first.

And the change thing, im completely unrecognisable as a person from what i was when i met her. i gave up a lot of reinds and habits and ways to please her and still shes not happy.

I'm in the exact same boat. It's just not worth it. I went into this marriage being accepting, and everything seemed fine. But there must have been a curse on that marriage certificate because all kinds of unspoken (and then eventually repeatedly spoken) expectations came along with the label "wife". If only I had known then what I know now...
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#22New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:19:00
@Lili Said

I'm in the exact same boat. It's just not worth it. I went into this marriage being accepting, and everything seemed fine. But there must have been a curse on that marriage certificate because all kinds of unspoken (and then eventually repeatedly spoken) expectations came along with the label "wife". If only I had known then what I know now...

I dont know what happened with me really, one night i was on an awsome night out, next thing its seven years later and im married!

I know what you mean though, i didnt realise just how terrible i was until i was told when it was too late.

Still, with all that, i got my son so its not all bad.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:19:12
I wouldn't read too deeply into things.

A common concern amonst boys is 'Why didn't she invite me in?'

But the real answer usually is 'Because she has really bad gas after that cheap restraunt you took her too.'
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#24New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 00:28:45
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

I dont know what happened with me really, one night i was on an awsome night out, next thing its seven years later and im married!

I know what you mean though, i didnt realise just how terrible i was until i was told when it was too late.

Still, with all that, i got my son so its not all bad.

I sometimes wonder, if you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, to that moment you first met your future spouse, what would you do? I'm never quite certain. If it weren't for my two daughters, I know exactly what'd I'd do, I'd run the other way! Lol. But I really do love my daughters, they're both so sweet and wonderful, and without my husband they'd never have been.
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#25New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 03:16:37
@Lili Said

I sometimes wonder, if you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, to that moment you first met your future spouse, what would you do? I'm never quite certain. If it weren't for my two daughters, I know exactly what'd I'd do, I'd run the other way! Lol. But I really do love my daughters, they're both so sweet and wonderful, and without my husband they'd never have been.

It is a tough one indeed. I cant say ive never thought about it, but then i look at josh and its worth it.

I often think that maybe i was always meant to meet my wife, like she's my punishment On the night i met her, I was jugling 3 other girls, one blew me out, the other i was going into a club with and the bouncer wouldnt let my mate in (because of his eyebrow piercing oddly enough) so i told her id see her another night. We went up to a party at another club to meet girl 3, and they wouldnt let me in cause id given them s*** the week before so we went to a different club and i met her. Fate i supose.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#26New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 04:21:15
@Kristy69 Said

Wonderful at first and you're like: "Mmm I'm glad I did this, this is great." and then a few minutes later: "Oww ow ow! What was I thinking?!"

I disagree.
Carly's Mommy

#27New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 11:32:39
@diomedes Said

I disagree.

I'm joking, dude.

For f***s sake, man, way to have ZERO sense of humor.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs