Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#16New Post! Oct 24, 2009 @ 11:16:25
@Coleosis Said

I wasnt directing that at you, sorry if it came off that way. I see what you mean with the gov's envolvement. At the same time, is there another medical procedure that does nothing but stop the chances of survival for something? Other than euthanizing and animal or criminal. Even if you argue that it isnt a person yet, it still reduces the chances of it becomine a living human from 100%-1% to an absolute 0%. Its definately a delicate subject, but in my opinion, I like the idea of both making the woman in positiion to see the ultrasound screen, and the questionaire.

No apology needed. I have learnt that it's better to clarify any thing that may be troublesome when the topic is controversial.
I personally believe lie begins at conception. I am pro choice first, because abortions have been happening since before recorded history as it is now it is done in a clean medically supervised environment instead of some dirty back alley with a knitting needle. second , I believe as an American the freedom to pursue happiness and freedom of speech etc.... means I will tolerate someone shouting at the top of there lungs something that twists my head or of someone living or doing something they believe to be their freedom to choose to do. Has a copy of the questionnaire been made [public? I have looked around looking for some hint what questions are on it. There are something like 17 states that have the ultrasound deal minus tho forcing the doctor to do a play by play and forcing the woman to watch, I don't get that at all, if she has made the decision to terminate she knows it's not a puppy or a toy car or a pickle she's decided to terminate .Like I said I believe life begins at conception and I heard about every reason that some believe it doesn't with that said the woman knows she is there to terminate a pregnancy that if given 9 months will produce a child what advantage is their suppose to be by making her watch a ultrasound? Is it just about the money the test will add to the overall cost? Or is it suppose to be some sort of mind F**k ? I'm not understanding this.

@Coleosis Said

They need examples of how they intend on posting the information. If they plan on just scanning the questionaire, blacking out the name and posting it online, then I do not agree with posting it online. If it is just one of those "73% of women who have abortions are black 11thgrade dropouts that dont have a relationship with the father." Then I agree with the statistics being public.

Why would anyone need to or want to know the statistics on abortions in 1 out 50 states? If it was a deal where all 50 states posted the info then I could maybe see the reason but for 1 state to make public the age ,the type of payment , education etc... of every woman who has an abortion really does sound more like intimidation by the gov. then anything resembling 'information for the good of the general public ' If they was to use the info to setup programs to help the "11th grade dropouts that dint have a relationship with the father." before they become part of that list I could maybe understand a reason for it. but nothing about helping or educating is part of the deal.IMO

@Coleosis Said

Thats the biggest load of bulls*** ever. Over 3.5 million people live in Oklahoma. If it doesnt state more than age, race, educational level, marital status, cost of abortion, and marital status...no one is going to be able to pick you out of the over 6,000 abortions in Oklahoma each year. Unless you got a really good deal and you went around bragging about how much you paid to have an abortion.

If the numbers are already known "6,000 abortions in Oklahoma each year" why this new laws ?
Is it the plan to make it so difficult for that 'over 6000 women to have an abortion done in that 1 state they just go to the next state by default , so then in a year all the sudden Oklahoma will be strutting around crowing that their laws work because now the number of abortions will have dropped from 6000 to 53 a year ?

I'm just asking and trying to understand whats behind these laws and th law makers thoughts .
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#19New Post! Oct 24, 2009 @ 12:50:38
Quote:
Coleosis said:

The statistics are to educate the people. Posting them online would make it easier to obtain the statistics

To educate what people ? the 10 th grader before she becomes a 11th grade pregnant dropout ? Or the general public that just wants to know ? What will the average citizen do with the education /knowledge from having access to the statistics ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs