The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

Will new Audi Centre boost jobs in London's Automotive sector?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 13, 2009 @ 13:14:22
Hi all
I read an article yesterday about a massive Audi centre which will have a grand opening next week.
As everyone knows the economy, although really tough on every sector, really hit the automotive industry hard. A couple of my friends and family members lost their jobs as car sales people or had to resign because they weren?t making any commission due to no sales. Luckily the scrappage scheme lifted this burden to some extend.
I wasn?t even aware that an Audi centre, the biggest Audi centre in the world (I might add) was being built.
The launch is this coming Monday and will feature many celebrities like Gordon Ramsay etc.
I am glad they didn?t give up on the project as I am sure the centre creates much needed hope. And I truly hope that new London jobs will get created from the endeavour.
Do you think the centre is a waste of money or that it will put the glamour back into the car industry in London?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#2New Post! Oct 13, 2009 @ 13:28:41
Sounds like a free plug for audi to me
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 14, 2009 @ 14:02:44
@Jeanne Said

Hi all
I read an article yesterday about a massive Audi centre which will have a grand opening next week.
As everyone knows the economy, although really tough on every sector, really hit the automotive industry hard. A couple of my friends and family members lost their jobs as car sales people or had to resign because they weren?t making any commission due to no sales. Luckily the scrappage scheme lifted this burden to some extend.
I wasn?t even aware that an Audi centre, the biggest Audi centre in the world (I might add) was being built.
The launch is this coming Monday and will feature many celebrities like Gordon Ramsay etc.
I am glad they didn?t give up on the project as I am sure the centre creates much needed hope. And I truly hope that new London jobs will get created from the endeavour.
Do you think the centre is a waste of money or that it will put the glamour back into the car industry in London?

Where in London is this being built then? I have not heard a thing about it???

Your right about thier timing though - at a time like this they must be quite affluent to go ahead and do this! Its quite a surprise that something is doing well in the motor industry - like you I have friends that lost thier jobs due to all the cut backs etc....

I suppose its good in the sense that these people will then be able to apply for the jobs at Audi and have the relevant experience etc....?
Jeanne On April 23, 2010

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 15:05:52
https://www.motortrader.com/industry-news/car-dealer-news/29402-worlds-biggest-audi-centre-opening-next-week-in-london.html

In West London.
I guess it won't mean much to manufacturers in the UK who are struggling most. But luckily jobs at Vauxhall are safe...Don't know if you have been following that whole story...
Vauxhall plants in the UK have been bought by some Canadian company and thousands of jobs would have been lost... Now it will only be 600 voluntary redundancies.

man oh man...I'm glad I'm not working in the auto sector - I really feel sorry for them.
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 19, 2009 @ 16:02:15
Yeah but I think how long are the jobs safe for? I mean it is a Canadian company afterall? What are thier obligations to the people here?

I suppose West London is a good a location as any? I mean people need jobs everywhere right? This could lead to a few less people without jobs in London which is good new?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs