is it abuse?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#76New Post! Dec 08, 2005 @ 14:39:04
@fallenangel Said
I am planning to leave after christmas...It's really scary though. I know I have to leave if not for me then for my baby. I'm leaving it untill after christmas because I need time to get my nerve and it will be easier because it gives me time to plan as well.

Good for you. I really really hope you actually do it. Do it if not for you, for that life you are carrying inside you.
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#77New Post! Dec 08, 2005 @ 15:53:16
@fallenangel Said
but sometimes I do antagonise him.

sorry, let me just say something here....

a couple of months ago, my boyfriend and i had a huge huge fight. i threw his stuff out of my room and was really upset. my housemates were trying to comfort me and then, after a while he finally came in to talk... we talked and talked and then i had a panic attack and started to be sick so he went to get me a glass of water. my hosemates cam ein to check i was ok and he left me with them for a bit so he could sort his head out... and i actually sat there and sai "it was my fault really, i shouldn't have done this, i shouldn't have done that, i forced him into being an arsehole - i was in the wrong" i didn't force him to walk out of my room without talking to me, i didn't force him to sit in my housemates room and smoke a joint when he had sworn to me he'd given up. i certainly didn't force him to lie to me and say he hadn't smoked that joint even tho i knew he had.....

sorry for the extra long post but my point is - he was in the wrong, and i sat there and tried to cover it up by blaming me for the way he'd acted, i said i shouldn't have done something that i was perfectly in my right to do.

please don't fall into that trap coz i hated myself, even as i said it i hated what i was saying. i hated protecting him when i knew he'd simply overreacted!!!

hun, i can see both sides to this because if you don't think it's serious enough for you to leave and you think you will be happy to stay, then stay. after all, a forum full of people cannot force you to do what you are unhappy doing.... but please, do yourself a favour, don't blame yourself for the way he acts.
richaysemopoems On July 14, 2006

Middletown, New York
#78New Post! Dec 10, 2005 @ 01:12:34
Well ya maybe you should break up with him. Its your choice though. I would not saying its abuing you, but it might be considered hurrasing. But dont think all guys are rough. Im not. I actully hate fighting and im a guy.
mib On December 25, 2007

Yuma, Arizona
#79New Post! Dec 11, 2005 @ 09:11:55
i think everyone's already said what i was going to say. yes, you are being abused, and you are in denial. you need to leave this guy.
firebringer On December 26, 2005

Calgary, Canada
#80New Post! Dec 12, 2005 @ 03:58:56
If anyone puts you down, calls you stupid, or EVER hits you LEAVE. Jeezus... you know abused women always say, "he didn't mean it", and "It's really my fault cause he is so stressed that I'm pregnant"... How about you? Are you alittle stressed? Where's the support from him?

You need a man - not some emotionally insecure person child who needs to tear you down to feel big. Half the world is the opposite sex... fools are easy to replace.
webslinger14 On February 14, 2006

vancouver, Canada
#81New Post! Dec 12, 2005 @ 09:39:54
I hope tomorrow, you will be awake and realize that you dont deserve that man. Move on and change your life, start anew without him, im sure your family and friends will support you!
tracyann38uk On July 02, 2006

Deleted

Middlesex, United Kingdom
#82New Post! Dec 12, 2005 @ 19:40:47
@redglitter Said
Wow, your excuses are classic. Let me break this down for you and I'm going to be perfectly straightforward about it. One woman to another:

He does call me stupid and other names but that's just because he is upset about me being pregnant and he needs to let it out.

Bulls***. Don't make another excuse for this behavior. He's upset about you being pregnant? Did he make you that way? Or did you get pregnant by yourself. What, he didn't feel like wearing a rubber so it's all your fault that you're pregnant? Please. He calls you stupid because he does not respect you. YOU the mother of his child. If you continue to put up with this, he won't stop at stupid, I guarantee it.

I did listen to everyone before and I tried to leave and when it came down to it I couldn't because I do love him.

How can you love someone who treats you so poorly? And how about respect? Surely you can't tell me you have respect for him when he treats you like garbage. Without mutual respect, you have nothing.

He said he was sorry and it would kill him if I ever left so he does love me.

This is proof of his love for you? You're kidding yourself. You don't really know what love is, do you? This guy doesn't love you. He can't even love himself or else he would act like a man. Women who are battered and emotionally broken down always say "He didn't mean it. He just hits me because I make him mad." He doesn't want you to leave because he likes to control you. It makes him feel good to abuse you. This is sick.

Pepople say it's abuse but they can't see why he does the things he does...he doesn't do it on purpose. But I really am confused and can't see straight.

Then let me help clear your vision: People tell you it's abuse because they can see what you so obviously don't want to. They're giving you the heads-up. Take it and run. You have a baby on the way and you're going to bring it into this situation? What happens when he beats the baby? If it's a girl you can bet she'll suffer the same garbage you are now. Is this what you want for your child? For it to grow up watching its mother be torn down? You are making excuses for this guy's actions and it's wrong. All the things you've said are classic examples of abuse and your excuses are classic denial. I'll tell you the truth. He's not going to change, not now and not when the baby comes. He has big problems that you can't fix. If you are a smart girl, you will leave him. I don't care if you are pregnant, leave him. Get a backbone and some self-respect and don't let anyone ever treat you like this again. Never!

I'll tell you something else: You already know how he treats you is wrong or you wouldn't be asking for help about it. Getthe heck out of this "relationship" while you still can and make a good life for yourself and your baby.

I may sound harsh but that's because I know what I'm talking about and because I'm angry that in this day and age, a young girl like you can actually think she deserves to be treated like sh*t. Get out of it while you can. You owe him nothing. You owe yourself and your baby everything.

Red Glitter

wow I could not of said it any better myself, I am one of them that told her to leave him, and I still think she should.
fallenangel On September 11, 2008

Talkin 2 mat on the phone, Uni
#83New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:15:07
Ok...I just want to update you all because I havn't been on for a while and I need to explain why. A few nights ago My boyfriend punched me...I told him that I wasn't putting up with him and I left. I am now living back with my dad and I have deleted his number out of my phone. It hurt like hell...but It wouldn't have hurt as much as if I had of stayed...thank you everyone for giving me the strength I needed to get out.
cinnamin On April 18, 2008

houston, Texas
#84New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:20:08
@fallenangel Said
Ok...I just want to update you all because I havn't been on for a while and I need to explain why. A few nights ago My boyfriend punched me...I told him that I wasn't putting up with him and I left. I am now living back with my dad and I have deleted his number out of my phone. It hurt like hell...but It wouldn't have hurt as much as if I had of stayed...thank you everyone for giving me the strength I needed to get out.

#85New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:32:51
It really hurts though. I really miss him and I still love him...I can't help it.

#86New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:33:41
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#87New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:36:14
He wont change honey - run for the hills
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#88New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 14:43:34
Good for you! You should be extremely proud of yourself. It took a lot of courage to do what you did. I am so glad you knew that was the right thing to do.

It's totally normal to hurt, and to miss him. But when you start to miss him, and feel your resolve weakening, just remember how he hit you, and picture him hitting your baby...and that feeling will subside. Good for you! I am proud of you.
stefficles On January 18, 2009

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#89New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 18:27:10
good for u babe... im glad you did the difficult thing and left him... he doesn't deserve someone as amazing as u.

keep us updated and we're are all here to help u get through this. coz u can get through this. you deserve sooo much more than this...

good for you!
krazy On August 05, 2006

couer d alene, Idaho
#90New Post! Dec 13, 2005 @ 21:54:38
to me yes it sounds like abuse.. n ur making escuse for him to do these things but; waht do all of us on tfs no where no experts to say if it is abuse or not
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs