Religion

Bad bible verses.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#31New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 18:52:57
I apologise to anyone I may have offended.

No personal attack intended.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#32New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:08:31
@arcades Said

I believe in a non religious god.

Religion itself is a bunch of lies sprinkled with the truth so it will be accepted.

It's purpose is to anesthetize and control people.

OK, so why do you read the bible if it is sprinkled with lies?
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#33New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:09:06
@arcades Said

I apologise to anyone I may have offended.

No personal attack intended.

You haven't offended me, but you may of mis-understood something

Northbay, Canada
#34New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:09:53
I only read it when I use it prove a point.

also earlier on im my spiritual development I did a 6 month bible study and decided it was not for me.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#35New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:10:56
@arcades Said

I only read it when I use it prove a point.

also earlier on im my spiritual development I did a 6 month bible study and decided it was not for me.

OK, fair enough

Northbay, Canada
#36New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:10:59
@sugarflyguy Said

You haven't offended me, but you may of mis-understood something

Like everyone else im not perfect so it's very probable.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#37New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:11:24
@arcades Said

Like everyone else im not perfect so it's very probable.

Fair one dude
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#38New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:14:35
@sugarflyguy Said

OK, so why do you read the bible if it is sprinkled with lies?

I don't believe a word of the Bible, but I think it's a damn good book, and I have read it through twice.
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#39New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 19:15:14
@Stigma Said

I don't believe a word of the Bible, but I think it's a damn good book, and I have read it through twice.

OK fair enough
davejey On March 07, 2018

Wellington, New Zealand
#40New Post! Oct 05, 2009 @ 07:12:22
@arcades Said

Numbers 31, 7-18

7 They attacked Midian as the Lord had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. 8 All five of the Midianite kings?Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba?died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.

9 Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. 11 After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, 12 they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho. 13 Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses was furious with all the generals and captains[a] who had returned from the battle.

15 ?Why have you let all the women live?? he demanded. 16 ?These are the very ones who followed Balaam?s advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the Lord at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the Lord?s people. 17 So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man. 18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves

Thankyou Arcades for going to the trouble of typing out these scriptures. I have grappled with these thoughts of yours too, and one of the answers I have have found is in the book of Isaiah 55:vv8-9

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways" says the Lord. " For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways. And My thoughts than your thoughts"

Isaiah was a great prophet among prophets.

Peace
Paradigm10 On July 09, 2010

Old Forge,
#41New Post! Oct 05, 2009 @ 15:04:30
@davejey Said

Thankyou Arcades for going to the trouble of typing out these scriptures. I have grappled with these thoughts of yours too, and one of the answers I have have found is in the book of Isaiah 55:vv8-9

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways" says the Lord. " For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways. And My thoughts than your thoughts"

Isaiah was a great prophet among prophets.

Peace

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/The-religious-debaters-fallback/351710 Here is a link to another thread where non-believers question believers who, thinking they are losing the debate, inevitably fall back on the same argument. Do you have any thoughts about that?

It occurs to me that there is a closed-mindedness or a spiritual blindness which really makes it difficult for the non-believer to even consider that their own thoughts are perhaps far removed from the thoughts of God.

St. Julian said that all of creation fits into the hand of God as a hazlenut fits into the hand of a man. This is speaking figuratively ofcourse.

I can only imagine how a human being must appear to an ant. We are so much larger than they. Maybe they are just barely aware of us or maybe they are keenly aware of us. We are able to study them but we still don't understand them completely. There is actually very little that we can claim to understand completely.

God, compared to all of creation, is even larger in comparision then we ourselves are to ants. God understands us completely and it's actually amazing that God should even be mindful of us. St. Julian expressed astonishment that God is not only mindful of us but also loves us.

Unfortunately that love is as difficult for us to fathom at times as it is for an ant to understand why a human being has any interest in studying the ant in the first place.

God bless and keep you Davejey.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Oct 05, 2009 @ 23:10:21
The whole book of Esther kind of fits in there. There's not much in that book that isn't about the enslavement of women or slaughter.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs