Musicians

Jimi Hendrix- 1966-70- reigned supreme

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#16New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:15:33
I don't know any artist that I could say I'm mad about every thing they have ever recorded.

Thank God for the skip button on my car sterio.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#17New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:34:43
love jimmi.
great music.
ianyone like blues?

Jimi Hendrix- Red House
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#18New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:42:54
you've heard of playin bt ear.
how to play by tooth.

Teeth Solo
mrmexico25 On November 19, 2019

Dallas, Texas
#19New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:44:38
Quote:
The Star Spangled Banner was probably the worst (imo) thing Jimi ever did. To truly appreciate the genius of Hendrix, you have to listen to CDs like &quot;Axis: Bold as love&quot;
And though there have been many musicians who were influenced by his music (Robin Trower, Stevie Ray Vaughn), there will never be another Jimi Hendrix.

You have to give Jimi credit for what he did with the Star Spangled Banner. Not only did he tear it apart in such a way never seen before, he didn't play it at it's proper time IN a performance...THE OPENER! When you goto a concert, or a game or whatever, the first thing they do is play the Star Spangled Banner, and what Jimi did to it was evidence of his own style - FLOW. Jimi FLOWED into everything he did. If you watch the woodstock DVD from start to finish, you wouldn't know when or if he was going to play anything at all! He just did, and he led the band into whatever.

Jimi is my favorite guitarist to this day, because even though he's dead, not just his music, but his STYLE lives on even greater. Without him who knows what guys like SRV, John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and even some other 90's musicians like Rage, STP, Pearl Jam, RHCP etc...

ALL of those bands, that style they present, is nothing but Hendrix. And the Beatles
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:45:36
@Willi Said

love jimmi.
great music.
ianyone like blues?

Jimi Hendrix- Red House

My FAVOURITE Hendrix song right there!
mrmexico25 On November 19, 2019

Dallas, Texas
#21New Post! Dec 12, 2009 @ 21:46:04
Quote:
love jimmi.
great music.
ianyone like blues?

One of my favorites. If you dig blues you need to check out some early Johnny Lang. He's got some kickin stuff! (he sucks now, though. He's taking to John Mayer pop path )
MasterBlaster On March 01, 2010

Bradford, Pennsylvania
#22New Post! Jan 03, 2010 @ 06:03:28
@mrmexico25 Said

You have to give Jimi credit for what he did with the Star Spangled Banner. Not only did he tear it apart in such a way never seen before, he didn't play it at it's proper time IN a performance...THE OPENER! When you goto a concert, or a game or whatever, the first thing they do is play the Star Spangled Banner, and what Jimi did to it was evidence of his own style - FLOW. Jimi FLOWED into everything he did. If you watch the woodstock DVD from start to finish, you wouldn't know when or if he was going to play anything at all! He just did, and he led the band into whatever.

Jimi is my favorite guitarist to this day, because even though he's dead, not just his music, but his STYLE lives on even greater. Without him who knows what guys like SRV, John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and even some other 90's musicians like Rage, STP, Pearl Jam, RHCP etc...

ALL of those bands, that style they present, is nothing but Hendrix. And the Beatles

I agree completely. Besides being a musical genius, he had his own style and his own sound. Though I still think the SSB was not one of the better songs he did, just because the song itself limited what anyone could do with it. Personally, Voodoo Chile just takes me to another place. The same way some Robin Trower, Pink Floyd, and Jeff Beck songs do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs