Analysis: Wrestling with how to talk about race

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#16New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 16:14:12
@iwannano Said

Sometimes a person well be branded a racist for saying they ain't racist ?
But as I said ,Obama withstood all the mud slinging and back stabbing during the run for office and got elected . If his critics are going to spout crap at him anyways IMO he should just get on with the job he said he could do when he was run for election . All a lot of people want him to prove is that he can that job.

Exactly! That is why it is so important to cut through all the crap and say what you want!

Simply cannot waste time worrying about any of that.

In my opinion anything can be used in politics just as a smoke screen and a diversion to detract the simple from the real issues Americans face!
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#17New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 16:22:17
@jonnythan Said

But what if the things you want to say are racist? Do you not care, and will you say "f*** you" to anyone who calls it as it is?>

Thats a good question! Since it may be someones opinion that what i say is racist (that differs from each individual) since as you know not everyone has carefully considered the exact definition of racism, and i know that inherently what i said has not arisen from any racist root,( and yes i know myself that well) then i will speak my mind of course!

On the other hand if i have some racist flare up due to my own personal past then i will also say that as well!

I am able to make the distinction.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#18New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 16:36:53
@charger Said

Exactly! That is why it is so important to cut through all the crap and say what you want!

Simply cannot waste time worrying about any of that.

In my opinion anything can be used in politics just as a smoke screen and a diversion to detract the simple from the real issues Americans face!

When I think of smoke screens in politics , a blue dress , cigars and the words 'could you explane what you mean by sex 'pop into mind.
So, yes it is possible IMO.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#19New Post! Oct 02, 2009 @ 04:03:43
@jonnythan Said

"Are there people out there who don't like me because of race? I'm sure there are," Obama says. But he rejects the notion that racism is even partly behind his critics' attacks, as a growing chorus of Democrats have claimed.

Indeed. He's absolutely right.

It's my opinion that the viciousness of the anti-Obama crowd is fueled in part by racism.

I don't think that there are many people who dislike Obama simply because of his race.
But his race is a complicating factor.
But do we really need four active threads about this topic?!

hey, I just went back and read this. Oh, I see where you are coming from, jonny. Somehow I overlooked the word 'four' when I read your posts. So, in hindsight, I would have to say that perhaps we don't need four! But, I'm still having problems determining if there are active threads on a specific topic or not. Sometimes I am sure this is one, somewhere, but when I search I find nothing. But, there doesn't need to be four! Or they could be merged, but the topic lines are a lil bit different too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs