Forums:
Politics

Media Misnomers - No Conservatives in Politics

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Alanna On February 13, 2010

Cincinnati,
#1New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 17:02:19
Americans should start using the correct language to describe people. Conservative and Liberal are words that have dictionary definitions that are not consistent with the media usage of the words.

The 800 billion dollar deficits and increases in the National Debt created by the Bush administrations are not conservative figures. Likewise, the sexual scandals of high profile Republicans like Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and Governor Mark Sanford are not conservative behaviors.

The most financially conservative administration in my lifetime was that of Bill Clinton who operated on a balanced budget, didn't create a deficit, and made the first payment on the National Debt in 50 years. However, Clinton wasn't a sexual conservative. His sexual scandals were equal to the Republicans.

The only way you can describe the above people in one word is Democrat or Republican. The only truly conservative people in the United States are the Amish, and they don't participate in politics.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 17:08:34
@Alanna Said
The only truly conservative people in the United States are the Amish, and they don't participate in politics.

I was with you until this part.

There are conservatives in politics. There's at least one currently in Congress. There's even a whole political party of them.

Cincinnati,
#3New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 17:16:38
@jonnythan Said

I was with you until this part.

There are conservatives in politics. There's at least one currently in Congress. There's even a whole political party of them.

Please share what party that would be.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 17:28:11
@Alanna Said

Please share what party that would be.

The Libertarian Party.

The Congressman of whom I speak is Ron Paul.

Cincinnati,
#5New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 17:35:42
@jonnythan Said

The Libertarian Party.

The Congressman of whom I speak is Ron Paul.

Interesting

Cincinnati,
#6New Post! Sep 18, 2009 @ 12:42:49
I looked up the Libertarian Party platform and it doesn't fit the dictionary definition of Conservative either. Conservative means traditional, maintaining existing views and traditions, and being very cautious about changing them.

The Libertarian platform of abolishing the income tax and the IRS sounds like a pretty radical change to me. It would not be very cautious to suddenly eliminate our Interstate roads, bridges, air traffic controllers,schools, and our military,and all the other things supported by taxes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs