Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

People in the past and the future

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
michaelsmith On December 27, 2013

, Marshall Islands
#1New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 07:28:56
What will man be like in the future??in 5,000 or even 50,000 years? We can only make a guess, of course, but we can be sure that he will be different from what he is like today because man is slowly changing all the time.
Let us take an example. Man, five hundred years ago, was shorter than he is today. Now, on average, man is about three inches taller. Fiver hundred years is a relatively short period of time, so we may guess that man will continure to grow taller.
In the modern world we use our brains a great deal; but even so, we make use of only about 20% of our brains?? capacity. As time goes on, however, we shall have to use brains more and more??and we shall need large ones! It seems to bring about a physical changes too: the head will grow larger.
Nowadays our eyes are used more. In fact, we use them so much that they become weaker easily and we have to wear glasses. But over a very long period of time man??s eyes may grow stronger.
On the other hand, we make less use of our arms and legs. These, as a result, may grow weaker. At the same time, however, our fingers will grow more sensitive because they are used a great deal in modern life.
But what about our hair? It will probably disappear from the body because it will not sever a useful purpose any longer.
Perhaps all these make us think that future man will not be as good-looking as we are now. this may be true. All the same, future man will still be a human being, with thoughts and feelings similar to ours.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 08:07:02
I think it wont be long before technology starts to intigrate in to the human body.. bit like the borg in star trek.. Mobile phone4s in our ears etc.. plus I think people will start to live to 100 then 150 then 200 and maybe longer int eh next 50-60 years the advancements will put us o that road.. I hope i can see the turn of the 22nd centruy!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 08:29:06
So...much...misinformation...aaaahhhhh!!!
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 09:18:23
@michaelsmith Said

What will man be like in the future??in 5,000 or even 50,000 years? We can only make a guess, of course, but we can be sure that he will be different from what he is like today because man is slowly changing all the time.
Let us take an example. Man, five hundred years ago, was shorter than he is today. Now, on average, man is about three inches taller. Fiver hundred years is a relatively short period of time, so we may guess that man will continure to grow taller.
In the modern world we use our brains a great deal; but even so, we make use of only about 20% of our brains?? capacity. As time goes on, however, we shall have to use brains more and more??and we shall need large ones! It seems to bring about a physical changes too: the head will grow larger.
Nowadays our eyes are used more. In fact, we use them so much that they become weaker easily and we have to wear glasses. But over a very long period of time man??s eyes may grow stronger.
On the other hand, we make less use of our arms and legs. These, as a result, may grow weaker. At the same time, however, our fingers will grow more sensitive because they are used a great deal in modern life.
But what about our hair? It will probably disappear from the body because it will not sever a useful purpose any longer.
Perhaps all these make us think that future man will not be as good-looking as we are now. this may be true. All the same, future man will still be a human being, with thoughts and feelings similar to ours.

A fascinating question. I don't have any answers, only guesses.

I'm assuming in 500 years we will finally have flying cars. I expect to see them in my lifetime, maybe I won't. All the same, I want flying cars, most of all. It's a childish Jetsons cartoon thing that I cannot let go of. Don't get me started.

I'm guessing that virtual interaction will become more common - in fact, will be common place.

I'm guessing that in 400 years, you will be able to make a phone call from a port in your wrist. Same goes with emails and voicemail. Snail mail won't exist. People just will not post things anymore.

Medicine? In 100 years we will have cured all the things that trouble us now. But of course, man is designed to die, so we will have new things to contend with. I shudder to think of what the human body might have to contend with if we lived to 200 years - which it's fair assume we would 500 years from now.

I like flowers, cards in the mail, sunsets, basics. I'm glad I won't be alive in 500 years.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#5New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 09:23:03
We're not taller than we used to be.
Our life expectancy has not changed, but infant mortality has gone down, raising the "average".
We do not use only 20% of our brains.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 12:25:04
@Lili Said

We're not taller than we used to be.

I'm taller than I used to be!
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#7New Post! Sep 17, 2009 @ 16:00:14
I don't care how we look in the future. As long as they forget about religion and all that other nonsense that we had to live with, I'm okay.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs