The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What's With Tea Party Signs? You Tell Me America!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#46New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 20:34:40
@Alanna Said

Regarding the Tea Party demonstrations and signs, most Americans are clueless as to what they are all about. Even some established Republicans are critical of them.

David Frum, the Republican author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush is critical of the paranoid fantasies of Republican talk show hosts and demonstrators.
He and other establishment Republicans are concerned they are casting the GOP as the lunatic fringe.

The link below is from a L.A. Times article regarding this.

Link
https://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gop-fringe14-2009sep14,0,940651.story

https://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/12/912-signs/ Yeah, I found these the other day....this out of hand....and i'am getting sick of the Americans that are blatantly missing all the racism here...

Chicago, Illinois
#47New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 20:36:36
@KAMPA Said

The incident in Iraq where the man threw shoes at Bush was in a foreign country by a foreign national,and cannot be used to justify insulting comments directed at Pres. Obama in Congress by a sitting congressman. Mr. Bush was treated with respect even when everyone knew every thing he was saying was a pack of lies! But Mr. Obama has never been treated with respect from the very first day of his administration! The Dixiecrat Republicans have concocted every outlandish lie they could think of,every day!

https://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/12/racism-912-beck/ I know what you mean my friend....lot's of disrespect going on here!!!
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#48New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 23:32:28
Thanks for the link Alanna. I'ts good to see seom cooler heads among the republicans stating the obvious. I just wish their voices were louder than the large number of kooks and that the media paid less attention to headline grabbers and to truth.

David Frum, a conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush who is among the more vocal critics of the party base and of the conservative talk show hosts helping to fan the unrest:

They are "wild accusations and the paranoid delusions coming from the fever swamps,"
"Like all conservatives, I am concerned about this administration's accumulation of economic power, Still, you have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy."
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#49New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 00:23:26
I think the accusations and conspiracy theories are are on both sides of the fence. Look at the 9/11 thread just posted about conspiracy that the Bush administration brought down the twin towers. Ridiculous on either side to make the statements they make.
Oboma is no better or worse than previous Presidents and he is not above having controversy because he is our first black President. If he is big enough to wear big boy britches, he is big enough to take criticism.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#50New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 00:35:01
@rocket48 Said

I think the accusations and conspiracy theories are are on both sides of the fence. Look at the 9/11 thread just posted about conspiracy that the Bush administration brought down the twin towers. Ridiculous on either side to make the statements they make.
Oboma is no better or worse than previous Presidents and he is not above having controversy because he is our first black President. If he is big enough to wear big boy britches, he is big enough to take criticism.

The leftwing fringe has remained just that. However- the rightwing kooks have become THE voice in american rightwing politics. Big difference- really really big difference.

You might get what you want in the short term- but this is going to just kill the pubs in the future as a reliable party. GOP is now the Grand Old Paranoids!

Chicago, Illinois
#51New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 04:31:10
@rocket48 Said

Rocket.....there is a BIG difference between 'criticism' and hatred..you can bet, all the s*** Obama went through before he was elected....he CAN take criticism....I don't see much of that at the tea parties.....

Chicago, Illinois
#52New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 04:31:50
@shinobinoz Said

The leftwing fringe has remained just that. However- the rightwing kooks have become THE voice in american rightwing politics. Big difference- really really big difference.

You might get what you want in the short term- but this is going to just kill the pubs in the future as a reliable party. GOP is now the Grand Old Paranoids!

Gotta go with you on this one!!!
Rasputin On March 13, 2020

London, Canada
#53New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 04:40:44
A second civil war? It looks that bad from where I sit.How about civilised discourse?
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#54New Post! Sep 15, 2009 @ 20:34:02
Well when the founding fathers felt everyone should have a voice, I don't think they felt everyone would say something smart.

Gata take the good with the bad I guess.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#55New Post! Sep 16, 2009 @ 03:46:53
@doubtingthomas Said

Well when the founding fathers felt everyone should have a voice, I don't think they felt everyone would say something smart.

Gata take the good with the bad I guess.

I can see them holding their head in their hands going "Oh no! Bruce is going to get up and make another paranoid speech"!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#56New Post! Sep 16, 2009 @ 19:14:16
@shinobinoz Said

I can see them holding their head in their hands going "Oh no! Bruce is going to get up and make another paranoid speech"!

I guess we should not have expected more lies from the liars themselves? https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/14/912-tea-party-photo-false_n_286082.html

Tea Baggers trying to pass years old photo of masses on the mall as their own!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs