Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

Is there anything called love?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
antosco On September 23, 2012

Laurel, Maryland
#1New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 09:34:32
After my first date who I didn' reall like that much I have not see any one again. The reason is this my 1st date was not based on luv i only got involved with him because i needed comfort and was young and naive at d time. I was an in door type on exposure I was vulnerable. He betrayed me and i broke up ever then any guy comin around I say 'am not interested' If they claim they luv me i believ luv is frm the heart, but I dnt feel same way for them.
The kind of guy am lookin for is one that will change my emotions when I SEe him -reciprocity (that's the way luv should feel). But hav never felt that for any guy.
Is there anything as love?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 10:26:03
Not all guys are like your first b/f. Its true there are men out there who will claim to love you but are merely saying the things that you want to hear.

I think we always know deep down how a person really feels about us.

There are nice guys out there, dont let the first experience you had put you off forever. Also for some of us we cannot love until we 100% trust a person.

Do not worry so much about it. When you meet the right person things will just naturally happen.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#3New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 10:30:08
I am a guy, and I can say whole hearted that I love my girlfriend, even when she is a pain....

The thing is your young and time will give you the experience to filter out the bulls***ter's.. you need to get in there and discover the world.. don't be scared off by one idiot, there are a lot of idiots out there.... but there are equally a lot of good people out there.
PatronSaintOfLostCauses On September 13, 2009

Cheap Motel, Tennessee
#4New Post! Sep 07, 2009 @ 22:40:38
I'm sure love exists, but I don't really know or care all that much about it.

Either way, most first-dates aren't based on love. It's something you have to grow into over a period of time spent with a person. Unless by "first date", you meant first boyfriend (which from your phrasing may be the case). Very few people end up falling in love with their first boyfriend/girlfriend. Sometimes naivety leads them to think that it was love, but nine times out of ten, they find out one way or another how very wrong they were.

There's nothing wrong with trying things out. Date guys, and eventually you'll find the right one.

Laurel, Maryland
#5New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 21:03:02
Thank you all for your reply. I do appreciate
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 22:06:03
@antosco Said

Thank you all for your reply. I do appreciate

If you have waited this long, before returning for a response, you must be a saint.....

Laurel, Maryland
#7New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 22:31:21
sorry @sAeGeSpAeNe I haven't been online for quite some time. hope u'ld understand.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#8New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 23:19:52
@antosco Said

After my first date who I didn' reall like that much I have not see any one again. The reason is this my 1st date was not based on luv i only got involved with him because i needed comfort and was young and naive at d time. I was an in door type on exposure I was vulnerable. He betrayed me and i broke up ever then any guy comin around I say 'am not interested' If they claim they luv me i believ luv is frm the heart, but I dnt feel same way for them.
The kind of guy am lookin for is one that will change my emotions when I SEe him -reciprocity (that's the way luv should feel). But hav never felt that for any guy.

Not every relationship is going to click the same as your first one did.

Plus, I might be off here, but I think you still have unresolved feelings/issues from your previous boyfriend and what happened between you two. Until that is taken care of, other relationships won't seem fulfilling to you.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Sep 23, 2012 @ 23:25:51
@antosco Said

You mean you feel that the boys you've met don't reciprocate as much back as you invest towards them?

Sometimes it is a matter of applying enough benefit of the doubt to analyse them long enough to see how they might reciprocate in a different way from what you're expecting.

For instance, part of the way that I demonstrate my love for my moochers is not giving her an earful back when she talks down to me.

And obviously I cannot say - Oh, she loves/ 'does not love' because she never/does talk down to me too.

Instead I watch and wait...

...and then I take notice as the night air grows colder...

...she brings me a hot drink and shuts the windows and door to my man cave to warm me up...

...and that is how I know despite the other aspects that may not be as easy for her to show.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs