Politics

what does Robert Mueller think he's doing

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#1New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 14:49:35
A couple a days ago the FBI director decided to send a letter to the scottish justice minister condemning the release of the lockerbie bombing. Were does he feel justified in comdemning another countries decision, countries that do not have the same legal system as the one he operates in. Now don't get me wrong i don't agree with the scots on this one. I feel he should have rotted in jail. But after all it was their decision to make. The US should butt out of our legal dealings. I hope that this man doesn't loose his job because of the uproar made by the US, he made his decision using UK law, and was right to do so. After all the US completely ignore us on certain legal issues. (the deportantion of a autistic man, the torture of british national, the failure to sent witnesses to a tribual that was judgeing a blue on blue were british soliders were killed due to the incompenance of US pilots, the list goes on)
Jacquesmetat On August 01, 2012

Out on the 'oggin, United King
#2New Post! Aug 24, 2009 @ 18:05:30
Good post, Tomy and I don't want to sound nit-picking here, but the decision was made under Scottish law, not UK law. There is a difference. For what my opinion matters, I'm totally hacked off about this interference in our affairs too.

While it is relevant that most of the victims of the Lockerbie bombing were American, there were victims from other countries too, notably the eleven Scots who died in their own homes in Lockerbie when a 747 fell out of the sky onto their houses. But the way this is being presented in the press, you'd think the Americans were the only ones affected by the atrocity.

Scots lost their lives too. Spaniards lost their lives. English citizens lost their lives. There were people from a number of other countries on that aircraft. It's not all about America.

The US treats this country like a satellite state, put here for their benefit. You are quite right, Tomy, when you say it was a Scottish decision to make and they should respect that. We have our own principles and moral values and we have the goddam right to exercise them as we see fit without being pushed around by a nation which has become little more than a global bully-boy.

We are seeing just how fickle American friendship is. As long as we do as we're told and jump when we're told to jump then they are as nice as mom's apple pie. But when we exercise our independence as a sovereign nation with our own set of laws and values, then they turn nasty. Some friends. Some "special relationship".

If the US wants to boycott British goods and not come here for their holidays, then I say "Screw You". You go somewhere else. I suggest France. See how welcome you are there.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs