Parenting

Young Internet Love

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:00:54
My daughters net b/f is coming to stay with us for a few days today. She has been chatting to him for the past year.

I figured its important they meet sooner than later to see if the whole thing is real. Also I figure if they meet under my roof I can make sure she is safe. Fingers crossed all will go well.

How do other people feel about this sort of thing? If you had/have kids how would you feel about them meeting someone from the net?

Have you snuck off and met someone because your parents said that this was not allowed?
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:02:44
Nope. I kinda guess the whole point of me having inbternet friends is i can tell them things because i know its okay to do so if its something you'd rather keep quiet about for some reason to your 'normal' mates. Plus everyone i click with seems to live on another continent.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:09:15
Yes. I went to Sheffield on my own at 16 to meet someone

Also I was only 17 when I went to meet Greg and my parents didn't know either time where I'd gone or who I was with. Bloody stupid on my part and I'm damned lucky nothing happened to me.

Personally I think you've played it well letting him come to your house where you can supervise and make sure she's safe.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 10:25:56
I think you're doing the right thing.

And if you had forbidden it, she would have snuck off to who knows where to meet him.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 13:49:47
My mom flipped a s*** when I told her I was taking the train up to see Jon And Emily As much as I could understand her concern for safety, I thought she was exaggerating things and overreacting a bit. Made me feel frustrated, confused, and angry. I would have appreciated her taking a more supportive approach, but I guess my brother did a similar thing and it ended up being a big mistake so she was cautious with me too.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 13:52:46
I've met a number of people off this site and I've never once told my mum because I know she would stop me.

Stupid, maybe, but it's not like I arrange to meet people in a back alley or something

I think you've done the right thing by letting him stay in your house, for her safety
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 13:56:00
I've met people from the internet but never deliberately. Ran into one at a gig, one who was busking on the street and I only found out on msn that night that it was her and one who was loitering around one late night in Aberdeen causing trouble.

My sister met her ex on the internet though, did it at our house when my mum was in, they went out for two or so years.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#8New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 13:56:17
@treebee Said

My daughters net b/f is coming to stay with us for a few days today. She has been chatting to him for the past year.

I figured its important they meet sooner than later to see if the whole thing is real. Also I figure if they meet under my roof I can make sure she is safe. Fingers crossed all will go well.

How do other people feel about this sort of thing? If you had/have kids how would you feel about them meeting someone from the net?

Have you snuck off and met someone because your parents said that this was not allowed?

I think you are totally doing the right thing. I don't honestly know how I would react in this situation. I would want to be as understanding as you are.

When I met David, I flew to Tucson, and was waiting in a hotel for him. That was dangerous.

plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#9New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 14:00:10
@MlissaBeth Said

I think you are totally doing the right thing. I don't honestly know how I would react in this situation. I would want to be as understanding as you are.

When I met David, I flew to Tucson, and was waiting in a hotel for him. That was dangerous.

Maxi's coming to stay with me before us meeting before that..not any worse than that
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 14:01:33
@treebee Said

I think the saefest place for your daughter to meet him is under your nose. smart move.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 14:02:12
@plebian_angel Said

Maxi's coming to stay with me before us meeting before that..not any worse than that

No, it's really not. I wasn't worried in the least.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs