Learn More About the "Fine" Arts

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#1New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 06:16:25
As compared to 'Unfine' Arts, right?
>>>It is practically impossible to turn anywhere in our modern world and not see a form of art. Your furniture, your rug, even the dishes in the kitchen, the car, your watch, and your clothes -- all represent art is some form. The reason is that somebody designed each thing, chose colors, and then tried to make it attractive. But there is an important purpose behind this kind of art --- and that purpose is to have things used.. What we call 'the fine arts', though, has a different purpose --- and that is beauty. >>>The fine arts are considered to be: painting, sculpture, literature, drama, music, dancing, and architecture. Architects have to think about the usefulness of their buildings as well as about their beauty. >>>But in the fine arts, the end result of a lot of hard work by the artist may have absolutely no use at all. It was created to provide certain satisfactions that we get from beauty -- and that's all -- no more, nothing else, zilch. So-- a statue, or a tune, a picture, a play, a book, or a dance --- all are examples of the product of the fine arts. >>>Today, many curious experiments are being made in all the fine arts. The traditional methods and products all have things in common, though. For one thing they have design. Design can be with sounds, with stone, with words, with building materials,
with lines, and with paint. A work of fine art is designed.
And within that design, the creator uses rhythm, balance, and harmony. >>>Rhythm comes from the more or less regular repetition of similar sounds, colors, shapes, and movements. Balanceis the arrangement of what the artist works with so that the result seems 'right' to us. And harmony is putting things together that seem to belong together. These three things, of course, will only give you a very rough idea of what a creator in the fine arts tries to do. It's not for everyone - I myself am not talented in this area at all. But I'm a great admirer of those who create and make our world a more beautiful place to live in.
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#2New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 06:29:41
There has been a real (new) push to teach the Arts to children in our town this summer. My oldest son did a day camp for performing arts, and has just started "band camp".

These programs are new to our area and I hope to see them offered again next summer.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 06:35:26
That's great. More people need to do this. How old is your oldest? I could never get my sons interested in the fine arts. Tonight I was talking to my teenager about how well he role plays and that he would excel in drama. All of a sudden, he became a shy bashful person. Go figger.
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#4New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 06:59:34
He is 11, it is funny because his name translated from the baby books actually means rich and famous castle dweller... and I have often called him my little drama king

The only thing is he also has ADD and a bit of anxiety; so as much as he is interested in this stuff, he sometimes backs out with cold feet. They accommodated him and allowed him to do sound effects for the play from the side.
sue2 On August 15, 2011

Deleted

cornwall, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 18, 2009 @ 07:53:47
My dad was a brilliant painter and painted lots of pictures of the local area, sadly he died two years ago from prostate cancer.
I have lots of his pictures around though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs