Who has influenced your life the most?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
slider106 On March 24, 2010

Flatwoods, Kentucky
#16New Post! Aug 15, 2009 @ 09:11:16
@chisa96 Said

this guy i lived with once upon a time... we never actually dated or anything of that sort, but we were like best friends... i honestly think i was in love with him, but i had so many issues at the time there was no way it would have worked out... it was those that actually ended up destroying our friendship as well...

i still think about him from time to time, still miss him... i learned more from that friendship and its downfall than i have learned from any other personal connection... and ive never been the same since... for the better...

It's my belief that if you learned from a situation, then you must never call it a mistake, rather it was a learning experience, and it sounds like this was a major one.

Flatwoods, Kentucky
#17New Post! Aug 15, 2009 @ 09:11:50
@sugarflyguy Said

I know

Wise-ass!
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#18New Post! Aug 15, 2009 @ 09:15:11
@slider106 Said

It's my belief that if you learned from a situation, then you must never call it a mistake, rather it was a learning experience, and it sounds like this was a major one.

i never have called it a mistake... who knows who i would be today had i never known him?

Flatwoods, Kentucky
#19New Post! Aug 15, 2009 @ 09:19:07
@chisa96 Said

i never have called it a mistake... who knows who i would be today had i never known him?

That's great to hear. That is exactly right, because we never know who we would be without the events of our past.
nayera On September 30, 2010

Dhaka, Bangladesh
#20New Post! Aug 20, 2009 @ 06:47:05
No one impact on my life positively,they were my friends,specially my mums and dads, I got influenced by my own, It was my dream to be a successful person, i just run after my dream, in this way i have influenced myself.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#21New Post! Aug 21, 2009 @ 03:07:02
Does Jesus count?
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#22New Post! Aug 21, 2009 @ 03:45:08
Md Dad influenced everything in my life. If I live long enough, I hope and pray I can be half the man he was.
mrs_future_sosb On December 05, 2012

Gary, Indiana
#23New Post! Aug 21, 2009 @ 03:48:13
@slider106 Said

Who in your life has had the most impact? This could be either positive OR negative. You don't even have to use real names, of course, but it would be nice to hear some real stories.

Sorry for the sermon of influences, but these people mean alot to me and I just needed to express how much I love them

I have 3 big influences:

My Grandmother was one of the most beautiful people I knew. She was always a big inspiration to me about life in general. She was such a hard worker...when she and my grandfather were younger, he worked construction and she worked 2 jobs, then came home and was expected to clean the house, take care of my mother and her 4 other sibblings, and have a full course dinner on the table by the time my grandfather got home in the evening. In her later years, she would encourage me to be the best, and strongest black woman I could be and if I had God on my side, I could do anything I wanted. (we got really close at the end of her life and it almost destroyed me when she passed away...October 15, 2006 @ 4:52 p.m.) I can't wait to see her again someday!!

My mother has always been big on education. When my sibblings and I were young, she was passionate about reading to us. She used to always tell us that it doesn't matter if someone tortures you, beats you up physically or emotionally...take away everything/everyone you know and love..break you down until there is nothing left, but there is one thing no one will ever have the power to do...and that is to take away your knowledge and your ability to learn...She still tells us to this day that knowledge is power...and I try to live by it.

The third person who influenced me holds a very special place in my heart and is very dear to me. That is my fourth grade teacher. She taught me so many life lessons and I grew to love her for it. In fact she is one of the many reasons I graduated from high school. When I graduated from elementary school, this teacher walked up to my mother and said, "I love your daughter very much...I know its kind of far off, but I was wondering, when she graduates from high school if I could have a ticket to her graduation?" My mother immediately starting crying and told her, "I'll tell you what, when she graduates from high school, I'll have her come and personally hand deliver to ticket to you herself." Over the years I often reminiced on the life lessons i learned while in her class and also wondered if she was still teaching at the school.
7 years later, on June 4, 2008 I stood in line at my high school to get graduation tickets and just as my mother promised I walked up to my elementary school to give my teacher her ticket. When she saw me she didn't recognize me at first, then after a couple min she remembered me and asked me what I was doing there. When I relayed to her why I was there and gave her the ticket, she immediately started crying and we hugged!! She then told me she didn't have any plans the following day (Graduation day) and promised she would be there. June 5, 2008 came, and I marched across the stage and received that diploma cover. All of my friends, family, and parents of my friends yelled and cheered for me. But I never got the chance to see my teacher...I often wondered if she made it and saw me march across the stage. But with all that said, I loved this woman with all my heart and it crushed me when I read the newspaper in July 2009 and saw that she passed away!! She was such a blessing to me and my life and I thank God everyday that I got a chance to see her before she passed away!! 8)
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Aug 21, 2009 @ 04:48:31
@diomedes Said

Does Jesus count?

Well, regardless of myth or fact, a good dude, even with flaws, having some positive pointers in life isn't such a bad thing...
Princess_Glitter_Idiot On September 14, 2009

Zinny, Ireland
#25New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 22:59:27
My mom!

Made me realise.. women are totally strong.. and even stronger without a man!!!

Hence why i totally dont wanna be tied down!

She rocks!
Laurette On December 30, 2014
Cracker, please.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdo
#26New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 23:08:44
I would have to say Steven Tyler from Aerosmith and David Coverdale from Whitesnake have influenced my life the most. They are the lead singers from my two favourite bands and if I hadn't of heard any of their songs I would probably not be the same person as I am today. It made me want to become interested in all things creative. Plus their hair is fantastic! They are funny, great producers of music and fantastic people to idolise. Music is the most important thing to me and without them I would be a chav (Fingers crossed I never would of done anyway) Oh and my parents are great parts of my life too
Blood_Angel On August 28, 2009

, Ireland
#27New Post! Aug 22, 2009 @ 23:13:54
My friend has been a big influence for me. She is the bomb! I used to be a very angry person, just for no reason. Then when we started to talk more and more, I didn't want her to see how angry I used to be. Sure, I still have a temper. But I owe her a lot And theres also another friend, hes my oldest friend. Hes defo the one that pushs me to do things lol but its all in good fun and we have a real good laugh all the time. Wouldnt have done half the things I have if it wasnt for him
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs