Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#1New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 05:59:32
"Danny Lake?s tale, in his own words.

I was leafleting Swindon College yesterday when a police car turned up. The officer walked over to me and asked that I stop leafleting as I was causing offence to (unspecified) people and it might result in me getting hurt!

Obviously I refused to comply and I informed Tony Blair?s storm trooper that I was there representing a legitimate political party and was not breaking any law.

The police officer then got on the phone and spent half an hour talking to someone about what, if anything, she could arrest me for. Eventually she came over to me and told me that I was under arrest on suspicion of a ?racially aggravate section 5 public order offence? which she was unable, or unwilling, to elaborate on.

She handcuffed me and put me in the back of a police car, just as two other police cars arrived! When I arrived at the police station I was being booked into custody at the same time as an immigrant who had ?kicked off? in the local DSS office!

Shortly after I arrived the arresting police officer asked if I wanted to make a phone call, but adding "do you mind waiting a bit as we have a load of illegals arriving in a bit"? To which I said I had no objection (amazing how they always seem to get priority over us Brits. isn?t it? ? Ed).

After a while they carried on processing me and I couldn?t help but laugh when one officer asked me ?what I considered my ethnic origin to be?!

Eventually, after taking my finger and palm prints, and a DNA swab I was put in a cell for about seven hours!

During that time my solicitor arrived and after walking into the interview room with him, he slammed one of my leaflets down on the table and said that he had looked at the leaflet in question, as well as the arresting police officer?s statement, and concluded that I hadn?t committed any crime! He said, ?to be frank, it appears as if we are turning into a police state and that the police have overstepped their powers?.

He advised me that he didn?t want to let them interview me, as they would ?try to twist what I said in order to get me to admit to something I had not done?. However I did agree to an interview, just to allow me to give the following statement.

Danny?s statement to police.

The following is Danny?s statement to police in full.

?My name is Daniel Mark Lake and I was born on the 5th April 1985.

I was arrested today at 13:54, on suspicion of committing a racially aggravated section 5 public order offence.

I would like to state that I attended Swindon college today (23/11/2005) with the intention of handing out British National Party literature.

I have been accused of using language likely to incite racial hatred and cause alarm or distress. I would like to say that at no point did I use any racial language or phrases.

I am not a racist and I believe my arrest to be politically motivated, so for that reason I will answer all further questions with the words ?no comment" ".
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#2New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 06:02:10
So this is where Democracy, freedom and liberties is taking us?

Whether you agree with a persons point or not, they should be allowed to say it. Otherwise, we have become what we are supposed to be fighting against.

Being thrown into a police cell for merely disagreeing with the elitests running the show is nothing but a dictatorship.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#3New Post! Nov 26, 2005 @ 06:09:21
I forgot to add the source...

source: https://www.bnp.org.uk/reg_showarticle.php?contentID=432
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#4New Post! Dec 04, 2005 @ 10:39:41
Apathy is a killer.
vladimirm On April 13, 2007

Darlington, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 04, 2005 @ 10:44:14
*stares off into the distance* God bless tony blair!!! as i f.
As a communist im sort of on the opposite end of hte scale ot you but i think this is one situation i can agree on.
oooo the amount of times i'll be areested!!
kebab_boy On April 05, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 04, 2005 @ 11:40:41
That arrest was totally unjustified and for an undemocratic reason. I agree totally with what Cobber is saying. I don't like the BNp's views, but people shouldn't be arrested for spreading them as long as they don't state them on leaflets in a way that is insulting or stirrs up tention and hatred.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#7New Post! Dec 05, 2005 @ 01:28:13
We cannot continue to say that we are a free living people while we start to imprison people for merely challenging the status quo. In Australia, it will soon be legal for a person to be imprisoned without charge or even having to show evidence to a court.

Sedition laws will make it hard for journalists to report on government scandals where corruption is involved. These laws are not about protecting the people but someone's own backside.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 05, 2005 @ 01:45:12
Some cops are just d***s to looking to throw there weight around.
My friend once got a tcket and community sevice for spitting beside the curb. He actually has asma (I know its not spelled rightand has some flem(think theres a G in that)in his throat that he has to get rid of to breath propperly.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs