The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

What do you think the REAL unemployment rate is?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Rasputin On March 13, 2020

London, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 22:06:24
I know that for my town the "official" unemployment rate is 10 percent. I find this hard to believe. London Ont, like so many midwestern cities in the U.S. is part of the growing rust belt. Globalist trade policy has stripped the wealth clean from both Canada and the U.S. It's fashionabble to bash unions,but I believe the real reason for the mess we are in lays squarely at the feet of ridiculous free trade policies. This depression has been designed by those who wish to see lowered expectations and wages.The inevitable result of "free trade" is an increase of the already obscene disparity between rich and poor. Bring back trade tariffs! Turn off your t.v.
fatman On May 30, 2010

asheville, North Carolina
#2New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 22:38:31
There is a fundamental flaw in the concept of globalization. To demonstrate it, you need clear water, two identical clear drinking glasses and two drops of blue food coloring. Fill the two glasses half full, and put the food coloring into one. You will notice that the water in one glass is observably blue, while the water in the other other remains clear.
Now pour the water back and forth in the glasses several times, and then re-divide the water in both both glasses to their original amounts. You will now notice that both glasses contain blue water, albeit a lighter shade of blue than in the original glass containing blue water.
In this little demonstration, the water in the two glasses represents the quality of life in two separate countries. The bluer the water the higher the quality of life. The water in the original blue-water glass is unacceptably diluted, and the water in the previously clear glass becomes blue, but insufficiently so. I challenge any proponent of globalization to ponder the significance of the color change in both glasses. 'nuff said.
Rasputin On March 13, 2020

London, Canada
#3New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 22:49:14
You have way more brains than most economists.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs