The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Mother arrested for leaving children in Car.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#16New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 21:43:33
@iwannano Said

When stories like this and the one from the Okanogan area in BC are reported one of the first things that goes though a persons mind is 'What the is this word coming to ?' or something comparable to that.
But after giving it some thought there has always been 'bad' parents' that put thier children at risk, all of them may not be as dense a this mother .

Yes this is true but, there was a time when people just did not know the dangers involved with leaving kids in cars. In this particular story the state laws forbid leaving minor children in cars... never mind the extra danger involved due to heat. This crime is so widely publicized these days; there is no excuse for it.

To me the fact that a 22 y/o has that many children is almost as shocking as hearing about her stupidity in parenting said children.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#17New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 22:02:12
@Unbarbie Said

Yes this is true but, there was a time when people just did not know the dangers involved with leaving kids in cars. In this particular story the state laws forbid leaving minor children in cars... never mind the extra danger involved due to heat. This crime is so widely publicized these days; there is no excuse for it.

To me the fact that a 22 y/o has that many children is almost as shocking as hearing about her stupidity in parenting said children.

I wasn't just meaning leaving kids in a car , there has been numerous ways down through history that parents have purposely endangered thier kids knowing full well it was dangerous. I am sure that leaving a child or children in a car is illegal in all 50 states .I totally agree, there is no excuse for it. The only thing that could make this story worse is if it comes out that the mother has been under investigation for child abuse or endangerment by the CPS .
Xavery On August 15, 2023
Certifiable BOT

Big City, Canada
#18New Post! Aug 09, 2009 @ 02:44:18
The same thing happened close to Vancouver recently but the parent was a father. He left his two children, one who was only 14 months old in a car in the sweltering heat. What was he doing? He stopped into a pub to knock back some beer.

The kids were found screaming and crying and treated at the hospital. I do not know if he was arrested but I do know he lost custody of his children --- at least temporarily. The Ministry of Social Services removed the children from his home and placed them with a relative. Not much has been said about the mother.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs