Train robber Biggs awaits release

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
beatboxer On March 25, 2010

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 11:53:48
@sheepy Said

His crime was that he pinched a load of money, and was part of a gang who beat a guy senseless. Pretty serious stuff, but way worse crimes are committed.

For that, he was sentenced to 30 years. That is a lot longer than for what in my opinion are much more serious crimes.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve 30 years (Well, ok, it seems overkill), BUT why are other crimes not treated as seriously?

I agree with this most.

But, his crime was being involved with the gang. He didn't even set foot on the train or hit the guy.

And thirty years for aiding a robbery is a bit long in my opinion. People have served less for murder.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#17New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 13:48:46
Why did this guy get a 30 year sentence and the rest of the 15 member gang get 10 years?
And sure it may be true he was a 'part' of a gang that beat that train driver and maybe he didn't even touch him during the beating , but at the same time , he also didn't left a finger to help the victim , and he did share in the stolen money that the train driver took the beating trying to do his job.
Why was the gang made out to be "folk heroes' ? And knowing his dad was part of a gang that beat a man so bad he died from the beating and then stole all that money , WTF does his son mean by saying ""The media made Ronnie Biggs into what he is ..." like it was all made up by some newspaper reported or some such ??? Hell , he was a full grown man in his thirties when h pulled the crime.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#18New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 13:51:12
@iwannano Said

Why did this guy get a 30 year sentence and the rest of the 15 member gag get 10 years?

Is that true? If so, it does seem harsh on him, or maybe the fact that he planned the whole thing?
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#19New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 14:16:22
@RotherhamRudeboy Said

The Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs was released from custody from prison on compassionate grounds. The 80 year old is in hospital with phenmonia. He is released on a ROTL (Release On Temporary Licence) NOT ON PAROLE as the media have said. The gang badly injured a man during the robbery 30 YEARS AGO. Should he be released after all he's done? My answer is yes. This is why

1. He's an old man and no threat to society

2. He's SERIOUSLY ill and is likely to last no more than six months. He can be released under compassionate grounds by the Home Secretary under European and British Law.

3. The others robbers only did 10 years so why should he be any diffrent even if he did escape. (A prisoners porogative!)

@sugarflyguy Said

Is that true? If so, it does seem harsh on him, or maybe the fact that he planned the whole thing?

it didn't say that about the other gang members but
RotherhamRudeboy posted it .
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#20New Post! Aug 08, 2009 @ 14:41:48
@iwannano Said

it didn't say that about the other gang members but
RotherhamRudeboy posted it .

Oh I see
RotherhamRudeboy On September 22, 2009

Rotherham, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 08:19:41
@beatboxer Said

I agree with this most.

But, his crime was being involved with the gang. He didn't even set foot on the train or hit the guy.

And thirty years for aiding a robbery is a bit long in my opinion. People have served less for murder.

The Judge said that they were to be made an example of hence why they got 30 years. Hence why they got a long sentence.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 08:41:07
@sugarflyguy Said

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8188898.stm

To be released today, because of medical reasons, do you think he should of died in prison?

Of course not. In that condition he's obviously not going to be able to carry out any more crime and I agree that 30 years was a bit excessive for what he did. I think it's good that he'll be able to live for the small amount of time he has left as a free man, it would be cruel to deny him a peaceful detah (no matter what crime he committed).
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

#23New Post! Aug 10, 2009 @ 16:14:10
@sister_of_mercy Said

Of course not. In that condition he's obviously not going to be able to carry out any more crime and I agree that 30 years was a bit excessive for what he did. I think it's good that he'll be able to live for the small amount of time he has left as a free man, it would be cruel to deny him a peaceful detah (no matter what crime he committed).

Yeah, but some people in life think he should of died, I didn't know that the other members had only been sent to jail for 10 years, and only him for 30 years for a bit part in the crime, which seems hard, but then again, "the system" wants "remorse" out of him
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs