Forums: Relationships:
Family

Jerk

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 23:58:05
I was going to write the tile "he may be my brother but I hate him" but then I figured that sounded too much like a Jerry Springer/Jerremy Kyle Banner.

My brother is a big musclular 6'4" w**ker.

I know it sounds terrible to say but he is. He's a bully and thinks he's above everyone. Slowly and steadily he has alienated everyone who cares about him and I found out a few days ago he won't even talk to his two sons no (they are grown up).

He's my brother, I wish I could love him but I don't even like him, I hate spending time in his company. Not that I have to worry as oddly enough he's not speaking to me either!

Grr Families!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 23:59:36
Nothing says you have to like or get along with family. Just cuz you're blood doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to their faults.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 00:07:08
That's true.
Tough love is certainly all about the exceptional family
members.

#4New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 00:10:56
@DuLu Said

That's true.
Tough love is certainly all about the exceptional family
members.

I have always made the effort in the past but I have reached the stage now where to be frank I just don't want him in my life, He brings nothing to enhance my life just makes it miserable.
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#5New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 00:15:23
I feel like I hate my father at times. It's really hard though, considering he is in fact my only Dad, but if he wasn't, I wouldn't have anything to do with someone like him.

It's tough not liking someone you love.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#6New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 00:15:52
The way I see it is that just because they are family, does not mean you have to like them or even love them. I know I sound mean but please hear me out.

In life there are good people and bad people. Those of good character and those of bad character. We try to be around those who are of good character and these are the people we allow ito our lives. We don't let our friends do certain things to us so why allow a family member too just becuase they are family?

When they hurt us, when they destroy us, when the are out just for themselves we don't have to like them or love them.

Only have good people in your life, people who are kind and have the qualities you look for. If your brother lacks these qualities that are important to you, there is nothing wrong with not liking him or loving him.

People bring us down and we don't have to tolerate it from anyone.

I only speak to my mother when I have to. I wish her no harm or anything. She is just not a good person and causes me more harm that good. I don't allow friends to treat me like that so why should I just because she is my mother?

Don't feel bad at all. I do understand your anger because we expect a higher standard from our families.

#7New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 00:33:25
@DorkySupergirl Said

The way I see it is that just because they are family, does not mean you have to like them or even love them. I know I sound mean but please hear me out.

In life there are good people and bad people. Those of good character and those of bad character. We try to be around those who are of good character and these are the people we allow ito our lives. We don't let our friends do certain things to us so why allow a family member too just becuase they are family?

When they hurt us, when they destroy us, when the are out just for themselves we don't have to like them or love them.

Only have good people in your life, people who are kind and have the qualities you look for. If your brother lacks these qualities that are important to you, there is nothing wrong with not liking him or loving him.

People bring us down and we don't have to tolerate it from anyone.

I only speak to my mother when I have to. I wish her no harm or anything. She is just not a good person and causes me more harm that good. I don't allow friends to treat me like that so why should I just because she is my mother?

Don't feel bad at all. I do understand your anger because we expect a higher standard from our families.

I totally agree with you.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 05:01:20
I agree. There is no denying a hardened heart. But ...
if it is just because we didn't approve of what they did, or how they did it, and there was no physical abuse
-- then maybe we should try to put ourselves in their shoes. speaking for my parent - she didn't have the skills to give me more then the basic needs. If you want to say that is neglect, then yes it is, if you don't provide self-esteem and all of that. But is was not
premeditated. I guess that is where I am coming from. If a parent or family member continually acts in a non-caring fashion and does nothing that you can accept as his/her way of showing that they love you (not in the way you would like to see, maybe not in the words you would like to here, but in hundreds of other ways) -- then it should not be held against them.
Saying this, I do agree wholeheartedly though that once a family has crossed that line, too many times, there is no turning back, and you literally just want them out of your life.
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#9New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 05:17:00
@kaydoh Said

I have always made the effort in the past but I have reached the stage now where to be frank I just don't want him in my life, He brings nothing to enhance my life just makes it miserable.

Then dont talk to him...Family or not, if you dont like him you dont have to talk to him...at least he aint buggin you.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#10New Post! Aug 16, 2009 @ 17:05:46
I love my brother, but I don;t like him at all. I don;t think we have a choice to love or not love family. It is just there. If anything happened to my brother, I know it would hurt me, so I guess I do love him.
On the other hand, if he weren't my brother, he would have no part in my life.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs