Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#1New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 20:58:58
As your day evolves, keep these thoughts in mind and increase
your chances of it being 'less stressful':

1) It's okay to make mistakes, nothing terrible will happen that cannot be handled -- the world will not end.
2) Usually, there is no clear 'one right way' and 'one' wrong way.
3) I know the difference between constructive and destructive criticism - and if I receive constructive criticism I don't need to
get defensive, I can accept it and learn how to benefit from it.
4) I do not have to demand anyone's approval, and I won't do it!
5) I won't hold myself to such high standards that I demand that I always be competent, although it is understood that I will certainly strive for competence. It's okay if it doesn't work out.
6) There is simply no good reason for me to ever be fearful, jittery, or all shaky when in the presence of a person of authority.
7) I will keep in mind that it is a fact that life in the workplace is not always fair and just. And, there are certain steps I can take in a constructive fashion, if something 'jumps' out at me that I feel I have to address.
8) It's okay to be out of control once in awhile- I give myself the right to be this way (lol, just don't make a habit of it)!
9) It is impossible to anticipate nor be certain of everything. So no need to be constantly telling myself "I should of done this"
or "I should of known that". Move on. It happened.
10) It's okay to not always get what you want, to to 'get your way' -- even though it seems like others do, with little or no effort
(at least they make sure that it seems that way to others). I will
still strive to make it happen though, and accept when it doesn't.
11) Others have the right to be wrong, and I will not jump down their throat or attack them when they are, nor will I be angry or
hostile towards them -- by words, or by body language. If you think they are a lying piece of s***, and your body language [eyes and
facial expression etc] send this message, then you might as well as vocalized it, instead of praising yourself because: "I didn't say that, did I?" Actions always speak louder then words.
12)Even if those around me do not give me full support or a caring attitude, I will not let it be the end of the world for me. Someone, somewhere, cares about what I do/say/think/feel and has
a good attitude to share.

13) I am not God, therefore I understand that I won't/shouldn't/ don't have to feel 'superior' over others all the time, nor do I have to feel superb.
14) I refuse to judge myself 'only' according to what I do or don't
do in the workplace.
15) I understand that no one promised me a corporate rose garden.
16) It is never too late for me to change or improve.

Over-analyzing things can often do more harm then it does good. It just maintains negative energy. If people around you are all
behaving and talking in a negative manner, move away to a more positive energy field.

On the other side of the spectrum - we've all heard of visualizing the end goal, see it, and it can happen. We've heard of
having positive self-talk and internal dialogue. Too much of this
can be equally harmful -- it can lead to excessively high and
unrealistic expectations.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 21:04:41
Good tips.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply