The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Why hire people that don't know how to do their job?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:22:23
It's not that they don't know how to do their job, it's just that they're too f***ing lazy to do it.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#17New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:23:20
@Kristy69 Said

My mom called and she was told someone would be out to clean up. And that was 2 days ago. She's going to call back later today.

I think that's definitely the only thing that can be done in a situation like that. Unless you wanted to clean it yourself.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#18New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:23:21
@x_Laura_x Said

It's not that they don't know how to do their job, it's just that they're too f***ing lazy to do it.

Exactly, I'm not a landscaper, but I know that you just don't pour a bag of grass seed on a dirt mound.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#19New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:25:05
When it comes to contractors and tradesman I'm right on their asses about EVERY THING they do or they'll rip you off for your last dime without ever having done anything they're supposed to do or will do a very inferior job.

Contractors used to have honor and pride in their work, now not so much. It's the mighty dollar and most don't have the knowledge of knowing completely how to do their job.

The first thing they're supposed to work on with these types of jobs is their NAME because that's what brings them their work.
Carly's Mommy

#20New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:29:36
Carly's Mommy

#21New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:29:39
Like seriously, it's just asinine to think about, like they EXPECT the dirt mound to stay like that? Like a small hill on the lawn?

I know the neighbors don't give a flying f***, they never have never will because they pay rent, but we do because we own our house and it look bad.

God, it's so f***ing asinine...
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#22New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:06:43
@lilbear Said

When it comes to contractors and tradesman I'm right on their asses about EVERY THING they do or they'll rip you off for your last dime without ever having done anything they're supposed to do or will do a very inferior job.

Contractors used to have honor and pride in their work, now not so much. It's the mighty dollar and most don't have the knowledge of knowing completely how to do their job.

The first thing they're supposed to work on with these types of jobs is their NAME because that's what brings them their work.

Yes, sadly that is happening more and more those days.

My husband is a mason and it pisses him off when he sees the other guys he works with do crappy work. When he started as a labourer for a mason 12yrs ago, he was lucky and learned from a man that took huge pride in his work. To this day, after laying a row, if it is just a smidge crooked, he will correct it until it's perfect. He tells his boss all the time how crappy the other masons are, but sadly, even his boss does crappy work and doesn't care since he still gets tons of contract/jobs.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#23New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:42:09
@Dark_Tink Said

Yes, sadly that is happening more and more those days.

My husband is a mason and it pisses him off when he sees the other guys he works with do crappy work. When he started as a labourer for a mason 12yrs ago, he was lucky and learned from a man that took huge pride in his work. To this day, after laying a row, if it is just a smidge crooked, he will correct it until it's perfect. He tells his boss all the time how crappy the other masons are, but sadly, even his boss does crappy work and doesn't care since he still gets tons of contract/jobs.

Your husband got taught the honor code of trade work which will always be quality work for decent prices. When a tradesman gets taught by an older man then I know his work is his name and pride before money.

I respect that immensely! Give hubby a hug for me and tell him to never change his code of honor. That will bring in more dividends than the inferior DOLLAR chasing contractors anyday.

I know some young ones now that call themselves contractors. They get up at 10:00am and get to the sites maybe by 11 whereas the good contractors will be set up and ready to nail the first nail at the strike of 7 where here it's the legal time to start with that type of work.

The young ones will be back home at 6 or 7pm and b**** about how tired they are and the quality honorable workers will work with their headlights on if they have to to get the job done.

Note the difference in doing it for the mighty dollar with no pride and honor as opposed to working for the customer with pride and honor in their work.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#24New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:44:14
work ethics is not what it used to be. At one time people took pride in their jobs. My primary job, everything I did had my initials on it. We used to talk about how nice that would be if everyone had to 'sign' the work they
did, like an artist putting his/her name somewhere on the
creation = and doing it with pride, knowing you did the best you could. KWIM?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#25New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 09:31:48
Here is what you need to do. Go outside and fall in the mess, just enough to get a little hurt. Then sue the city for medical bills, pain and suffering etc. You will get money and they will learn a lesson. They will settle out of court, just remember, the lawyer takes 20-30% LOL

But to be serious, that is horrible and I hope none of you slip and get hurt.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#26New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 09:44:46
I cleaned houses for 3 years...ALONE. If I had to, I stayed longer than I wanted to because I would've felt guilty for not doing it right. One day, I cleaned 3. That's pretty hard, let me tell you. I lost lots of money in that business. I can't stand paying anyone to clean my house because I haven't found another person who'll do it like *I* did. One lady wanted $100 to clean my tiny two bedroom house. She had a long list of things she would not do. I said never mind.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#27New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 09:51:34
Holy crap, 100.00$. I used to have a cleaning lady but it was 80$ a day, three days a week for my whole house. She cleaned everything, even the poo in my yard.

It is hard good, Mysteria.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#28New Post! Aug 06, 2009 @ 09:57:18
I did laundry, beds, plants, fans, light fixtures, baseboards, walls, light switches/faceplates, doors, moved furniture I could lift, ovens, burners, dishes, blinds, and more...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs