The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

The death penalty is barbaric and has no place in a modern democracy.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#166New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 04:33:11
@aneil Said

since you bring up modern democracy- i think we should vote on the fate of each person to be executed.

Dear god. I hope that never happens. Most people are completely ignorant of the facts and can be swayed so easily by whatever angle the media paints of the case. The idea of all of them getting to vote on the guilt and punishment of a suspect is truly frightening.

That is not should how we should decide if another person deserves to die.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#167New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 04:36:24
@chisa96 Said

Dear god. I hope that never happens. Most people are completely ignorant of the facts and can be swayed so easily by whatever angle the media paints of the case. The idea of all of them getting to vote on the guilt and punishment of a suspect is truly frightening.

That is not should how we should decide if another person deserves to die.

idk, i think regardless of what people might say about a murderer or believe should happen to him

i think when theyre in the booth by themsleves they cant bring themsleves to vote a man to death. they might say they did, but most wont.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#168New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 04:43:03
@aneil Said

idk, i think regardless of what people might say about a murderer or believe should happen to him

i think when theyre in the booth by themsleves they cant bring themsleves to vote a man to death. they might say they did, but most wont.

First of all, many people could block themselves from the connection between checking a box and killing a man. Many won't even care.

Secondly, nobody who is uninformed should vote on the life/death of another person, and even if the whole country got to watch the entire case (which is a bad idea in itself) you can't trust people to take the responsibility to learn all the facts.
aneil On February 20, 2023

Freeport, Trinidad and Tobago
#169New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 04:50:05
@chisa96 Said

First of all, many people could block themselves from the connection between checking a box and killing a man. Many won't even care.

Secondly, nobody who is uninformed should vote on the life/death of another person, and even if the whole country got to watch the entire case (which is a bad idea in itself) you can't trust people to take the responsibility to learn all the facts.

true, in any case the campaign involved in each case could be prety expensive
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#170New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 04:53:51
@aneil Said

true, in any case the campaign involved in each case could be prety expensive

Yeah, that too.
tradtke On February 04, 2014

, Wisconsin
#171New Post! Jun 13, 2010 @ 14:59:53
This is an argument that will never be won so why try? its an argument that no matter how hard you push your opinion on someone else they will never change their mind, and that's fine. We all have the right to our opinion. Humans have been killing each other since we figured out how to do it. Now we just do it more efficiently. Why don't we all argue about a topic that can really be one like..abortion...yea right!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs