Make your mind up

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DeepRed On March 07, 2010
Tripologist

Deleted

Michael Winner's basement, Uni
#1New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 19:58:51
Are immigrants stealing our jobs or sitting around doing nothing? I'm tired of people claiming that first of all they're taking our jobs even though they nearly always have jobs that your average Brit wouldn't touch with a barge poll. Then the same people claim that they're sponging off the system but not working about living on benifits. And its not as if there aren't thousands of Brits currently doing nothing simply because they can live well enough (i'm not saying that people without jobs are lazy i'm saying that people who aren't trying are). And just one last point, show me any convincing and conclusive evidence that immigrants have priority in sheltered housing.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:04:15
OMG.... I love you!

I feel the same why here. It's like, I'm watching people in America getting demoted from good paying jobs that was given to some "legal immigrant" but, since they pay taxes on their checks it makes it better, yet, migrant farmers (a job many Americans would never do anyway) are under attack bc they haven't gone through the naturalization process.

I've no problem with ANY immigration tbh, but seriously, the biggest threat to our economy is the legal immigrants bc they're taking all the jobs worth doing.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:06:19
There is no black and white...there is not definite line that separates the two.

First off) Immigrants are not stealing any jobs. They are applying for jobs that are rightfully theirs...if a country opens its doors to another person..then it does so with all its amenities as well. They rightfully and legally came to the country..and they are rightfully applying for jobs.
Tripologist

Deleted

#4New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:08:30
@squirt_aka_casey Said

OMG.... I love you!

I feel the same why here. It's like, I'm watching people in America getting demoted from good paying jobs that was given to some "legal immigrant" but, since they pay taxes on their checks it makes it better, yet, migrant farmers (a job many Americans would never do anyway) are under attack bc they haven't gone through the naturalization process.

I've no problem with ANY immigration tbh, but seriously, the biggest threat to our economy is the legal immigrants bc they're taking all the jobs worth doing.

Why thank you

We have the same over here, most poeple won't wander around behind a tractor to make sure that the plastic that's just been laid down is on tight enough and they certainly won't do it for the least money possible. Also a recent study showed that most employers prefered immigrant workers not because they were cheaper but because they had a better attitude. So our problem is not how many we let through our borders but how bad our attitude is
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#5New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:14:06
@DeepRed Said

Why thank you

We have the same over here, most poeple won't wander around behind a tractor to make sure that the plastic that's just been laid down is on tight enough and they certainly won't do it for the least money possible. Also a recent study showed that most employers prefered immigrant workers not because they were cheaper but because they had a better attitude. So our problem is not how many we let through our borders but how bad our attitude is

I'm guilty of the bad attitude myself though
Tripologist

Deleted

#6New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:15:50
@squirt_aka_casey Said

I'm guilty of the bad attitude myself though

Same but that's because stacking shelves and been told off by snobs for not having the eggs in am easily accessible position is a good reason to be pissed off
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#7New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:19:52
@DeepRed Said

Same but that's because stacking shelves and been told off by snobs for not having the eggs in am easily accessible position is a good reason to be pissed off

That how I feel about my job, you can only have a good attitude about smelling like pizza for so long
Tripologist

Deleted

#8New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:21:20
@squirt_aka_casey Said

That how I feel about my job, you can only have a good attitude about smelling like pizza for so long

I bet pizza smells better than tonnes and tonnes of cheese and milk
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#9New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:22:36
@boobagins Said

There is no black and white...there is not definite line that separates the two.

First off) Immigrants are not stealing any jobs. They are applying for jobs that are rightfully theirs...if a country opens its doors to another person..then it does so with all its amenities as well. They rightfully and legally came to the country..and they are rightfully applying for jobs.

I agree with you. Legal immigration is well legal

Now illegal is another matter altogether.
Tripologist

Deleted

#10New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:26:11
@plebian_angel Said

I agree with you. Legal immigration is well legal

Now illegal is another matter altogether.

Illegal immigrants tend not to last long over here, they got deported pretty quick (no matter what the opposition will tell you) but there are huge shanty towns in Calais of people trying to cross the English channel. Up until this point i haven't heard a reliable number for how mnay people are there but its between 700 and 5000. All trying to croos the channel illegally by jumping into the back of lorries
Tripologist

Deleted

#11New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 20:26:21
Sorry i pressed the wrong link, this post is accidental
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#12New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 22:13:34
Totally agree! I think immigrants are pretty respectable IMO. Instead of b****ing about where they live and how s***ty it is, they took the initiative and got out of the situation. To make their families happier and healthier.

Then they come here, and work their asses of to provide.

My mom has hired some hispanics, and they truly blow her away. One man who used to work for her, can do the job of two white girls who stand around and shout across the store.

To those with ambition and initiative; I salute you.

If you lost your job to someone who can barely speak English, YOU need to take a second to determine how and why you lost your job then.

Natural selection.

Survival of the fittest.
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#13New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 13:32:49
@boobagins Said

But the thing with it is, is we are getting legal immigrants who are taking over CEO jobs, mostly immigrants from Japan, China and the such. I'm not one to say they need to stop it. Not by any means at all, but most of them aren't doing anything different than what illegal immigrants are doing, getting paid (for us) U.S. dollars and fueling their homeland's economy with it.

To me, there is no difference between legal and illegal immigrants, except the type of pay they are getting. I don't think that we should close up our borders at all to any of them, as Kristy said in her post. Maybe we need to look at our personal work ethics.

@DeepRed Said

I bet pizza smells better than tonnes and tonnes of cheese and milk

Naw... you still get the milk and cheese, but you can add in tomato sauce to the equations, and maybe some grease

@Kristy69 Said

Totally agree! I think immigrants are pretty respectable IMO. Instead of b****ing about where they live and how s***ty it is, they took the initiative and got out of the situation. To make their families happier and healthier.

Then they come here, and work their asses of to provide.

My mom has hired some hispanics, and they truly blow her away. One man who used to work for her, can do the job of two white girls who stand around and shout across the store.

To those with ambition and initiative; I salute you.

If you lost your job to someone who can barely speak English, YOU need to take a second to determine how and why you lost your job then.

Natural selection.

Survival of the fittest.

Agreed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs