Fist fights

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#46New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 19:34:27
Some of the posts are confusing to me. I don't think attacking someone is doing them a favor. Violence is a last resort, in my opinion. I taught my son to be respectful and avoid fighting because it's not worth it. No one deserves to be beaten or verbally abused.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#47New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 19:56:05
@Mysteria Said

Some of the posts are confusing to me. I don't think attacking someone is doing them a favor. Violence is a last resort, in my opinion. I taught my son to be respectful and avoid fighting because it's not worth it. No one deserves to be beaten or verbally abused.

When you say its not worth it.

Whats not worth it? The pain? the outcome? the reprisal?

Why avoid it?

I disagree with you on the idea that "No one deserves to be beaten or verbally abused" A great many people deserve just that.

** not listed in order of importance**
Child molesters, tail gaters, those people who save 20 seats in the middle of the movie theater, people who talk though movies, rapists, the list goes on...

A great many people in this world need a stern verbal attack and sometimes an a** kicking.

What I want to know is, when did legal reprisal and non-violance take over from the good old fasion fist fight?

Hell... kids can't even fight in play grounds anymore.. what is this world comming to?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#48New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 20:01:26
@doubtingthomas Said
What I want to know is, when did legal reprisal and non-violance take over from the good old fasion fist fight?

About the same time racism and sexism went out of style.

The fact that these are correlated is not coincidence.

@doubtingthomas Said
Hell... kids can't even fight in play grounds anymore.. what is this world comming to?

Enlightenment.
surveybeast13 On June 16, 2010

Longmont, Colorado
#49New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 20:09:09
Most people these days have gotten in the habit of verbal confrontations rather than taking care of things like men. Its a habit of dweebs! Another reason why people dont fight anymore is because when anything bad or hurtful happens to a spoiled dweeb, they sue. But whachagunnadoo?
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#50New Post! Jul 21, 2009 @ 20:09:12
@doubtingthomas Said

When you say its not worth it.

Whats not worth it? The pain? the outcome? the reprisal?

Why avoid it?

I disagree with you on the idea that "No one deserves to be beaten or verbally abused" A great many people deserve just that.

** not listed in order of importance**
Child molesters, tail gaters, those people who save 20 seats in the middle of the movie theater, people who talk though movies, rapists, the list goes on...

A great many people in this world need a stern verbal attack and sometimes an a** kicking.

I agree with the ones in bold deserving a beating, but vigilante justice isn't right. We have the justice system for those crimes.

I taught my son that violence is the last resort unless he needs to defend himself. That's what I meant when I said it's not worth it.
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#51New Post! Jul 22, 2009 @ 19:34:36
Why have a fist fight? when you can get 'em in a leg lock and hear sound of their knee or ankle breaking??
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jul 22, 2009 @ 19:45:22
People use physical force for all the wrong reasons nowadays.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#53New Post! Jul 22, 2009 @ 22:49:06
@treebee Said

People use physical force for all the wrong reasons nowadays.

I only use it to stop other people from blowing their car horns, and to initiate sex.
Brimikitrodg On August 20, 2009

Jacksonville, Florida
#54New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 17:52:19
I need more information to weigh in, were you in the same parking space as someone else? Was it already occupied when you placed yourself in it? If so, then your personal honor seems more like pride. Society has norms in place that guide and direct our personal lives and how we interact with each other. If you parked in an already taken space, then you are having difficulty obeying by society's informal rules and are actually seeking conflict, my friend is this way. He believes he is a bad ass, but he is actually stupid compared to the people around him. He gets into conflict because he can't read between the lines and has trouble observing other people's behavior, not because of what others are doing towards him. I've made him aware of this and he still behaves that way, which I think is awesome and hilarious, as long as he knows what hes doing. If he thinks people are actually doing him wrong, that would just be ignorant on his part, and that wouldn't be hilarious at all, just annoying.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#55New Post! Jul 27, 2009 @ 18:07:21
I agree that fighting can at times remove the feelings of anger, but it does little to resolve the cause.
Heidi On October 07, 2009

Heidelberg, Germany
#56New Post! Sep 19, 2009 @ 05:23:40
Yes, at one time, people with anger were told to find something inanimate to take their anger out on: pillows, punching bags, throwing and breaking things in private, yelling/screaming. Kicking the cat did not count! Violence should only be used as a last resort - to protect yourself and your family. Walking away is not easy.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013