Health & Fitness

Gonna have to stop reading the news.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 11:25:35
Because of the outbreak of spanish swine flu that was around before 1920, they will be deemed to have immunity. I think Thats what I read on the nhs site. I will find the link.

Hang on. Yes I did read it right but it was in a person comment so only hearsay, it might not actually be right
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 11:34:40
@kaydoh Said

I hope your grandparents were born after 1920, or they won't be offered the drug

They are, I believe they were all in the 1930's, my great uncle however is quite a bit older than my nan so he's probably in the 1920's.

I've just spoken to my Nan and she's adamant she's not having it
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#33New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 12:54:15
@kaydoh Said

This whole swine flu thing is all over the news. I know that the papers make shocking claims, half of which aren't true but I can help feeling just a tad worried.

I myself have diabetes mellitus and my son is under five so we are both at high risk according to the experts. Now they are talking about the fact that if it worsens over the summer holidays some schools may not reopen in September.

I just wish we could trust the media and government, if we could we would all know whether indeed there is cause to be concerned.

I really don't like the idea of a mass immunisation plan either. These drugs currently being made can in no way be thoroughly tested as they are producing them within months. It might take years for after effects to be noticed.

I just find the whole thing a bit confusing. I get a little bit annoyed when the government openly state that all government officials have been given comprehensive guidelines on how to deal with the situation if they get sick yet joe public gets told to stay at home and not even go there doctor. I realise that a lot of cases are very mild, but how do you know how serious it is. The six year old who dies did so within 48 hours!

I agree! They have stated in the paper here that the tally of people affected and deaths will stop. They will start treating like the flu and keep the stats to themselves because to be honest all they're doing is panicking the public and people are getting terrified of this pandemic.

I think they made a great decision because if we are going to get it we will but to keep us updated every single day makes it very hard for people to stay positive and not become hypochondriatic.
angusbeeff On December 03, 2009

Wheaton, Illinois
#34New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 13:02:24
That sucks. if i were you, i would keep reading the news. just skip over the swine flu parts and read the important stuff, about obama and junk.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#35New Post! Jul 18, 2009 @ 13:02:39
I have to go to the hospital once a week and the signs scare me every time. They're red,white and blue and posted everywhere you can imagine. If you even think you may be sick don't visit. I have to go in, I don't have a choice and I don't want to get on the elevator with other people. I carry hand sanitizer. I'm getting paranoid as hell. With two autoimmune illnesses this is not good for my nerves.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs