The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

Write and publish something for free- good practice-good feedback

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Jul 16, 2009 @ 17:54:02
Once a week I sit down and do book reviews for free, Why? Good practice and good for my resume. Each freelance writer needs to be flexible so I started this to keep up to date with past and current books on the market. It keeps me on my toes, and I get feed back when I see that other people have read my reviews and picked up the books. You say that you don't have time, well if anybody doesn't, I don't. When I finish a book I have a tendency to write the basic story, likes, dislikes and characters in the front cover. My hardbacks get preferential treatment- I don't write in them. I enjoy it, have just written five. This is just one example.

Dark Tide-Andrew Gross
Once and again Andrew Gross has struck gold with his second solo effort.When a wife and mother believes that her husband has died in a tragic train explosion, she grieves his loss and their eighteen year marriage. Soon after, she begins to receive suspicious threats and must face her husband's deception and duplicity. Karen turns to the kindness of a detective, Ty Hauck.
Dark Tide is clever, with a well developed plot line. The pace is fast and exciting. There are a few areas which could be shortened, but this is excellent writing and a quick read. Karen Friedman and Ty Hauck are strong, endearing characters. Karen is a heroine who is unaware of her own powerful inner spirit. She needs answers and pursues them tenaciously.
Is Charles her "late" husband? Is she falling in love with Ty? Karen must resolve her questions, anger and the conflict in her conscience. The characters; good and evil are very well described. Gross gives you detailed visuals of the players and moves the story with great speed. The threads of the plot kept me awake until 5:00 a.m.. This is not a cure for insomnia.
Reader: Suethebookworm57Professional Reader
Rating: 10/10
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs