Health & Fitness

fat stomach!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
kwyser On February 06, 2010

Broomfield, Colorado
#1New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:40:36
I don't know how many people out there have a fat stomach...but if you do, you know it sucks.

I thought I would make a quick post about some common misconceptions about losing belly fat.

First of all, the endless crunches and sit ups that you are doing aren't worth it. Sure they are great, but you need so much more than that.

One of the greatest things you can get are ab wheels.

You also don't need all of that cardio. Too much cardio can be counter-productive to your belly fat loss.

So take this tidbit of info and change up your ab workouts!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:42:21
Are you serious?

Strengthening your abs won't burn fat. While it's important, it will only strengthen your muscles. Cardio will burn fat.

Broomfield, Colorado
#3New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:45:30
that would be why i said ab wheels are better than crunches, not better for burning fat smart one

and if you weren't so cocky you might realize that there are a lot better things than cardio out there for burning belly fat

try watching this video everyone
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:49:10
Wow. Calling a mod cocky.

#5New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:49:18
I apologize if my post came off as condescending but I truthfully didn't mean it that way. Please do not call me cocky

I don't know what ab wheels are. But doing cardio is very important and I'm not sure how it could be counter productive to weight loss.

Broomfield, Colorado
#6New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:53:18
sorry i called you cocky

and cardio is definitely awesome for losing stomach fat, but some people do it too much or the wrong way and because of this they don't do enough of the other stuff and don't see progress

#7New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:55:48
@kwyser Said

sorry i called you cocky

and cardio is definitely awesome for losing stomach fat, but some people do it too much or the wrong way and because of this they don't do enough of the other stuff and don't see progress

thanks

So then the problem isn't "cardio", it's the person's choice of workout. If they did the ab wheel the wrong way that probably wouldn't work well for them either.

What is the ab wheel btw?

Broomfield, Colorado
#8New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 00:59:22
yes you do have a point

and the ab wheel is basically a wheel with a handle on each side and you get on your knees and roll out on the wheel keeping your arms straight

nothing is supposed to touch the ground except the wheel and your knees.

then you roll it back up.

i like them a lot

#9New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 01:00:53
Sounds a bit like the exercise ball I have, except I'm not balanced enough to keep my arms up. I've found those are very good for core workouts.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#10New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 02:27:40
I have an ab wheel! Now I just need to remember to use it every once ina while, lol
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#11New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 02:35:32
Oh contrare...there is no real way you can over do cardio.

You can over exercise yes, but that is a completely different story.

Once you loose all the fat that you're body allows you, guess what, you'll start gaining muscle. Of course you cannot truly spot workout a section...cardio works over all your body...yeah it will take you a while to loose your belly fat...but thats cause with cardio you're using your arms and legs more and naturally that is where you will loose fat the most.

Actually most girls would prefer a slim and slightly toned stomach than one that is defined with 4, 6, or 12 packs.

Most girls are looking for a slim stomach and not a completely defined stomach.

And really the only way to do that is cardio. Because you can do crunches...and yes, tone the muscles underneath but you still have all the fat above that you need to loose, and that can only happen with cardio.

Also yes I do agree that an ab wheel helps you more than doing a hundred crunches...but thats cause its designed to target more than one area of your abs, where as you would have to do a minimum of three different variations of crunches just to get the same all round workout.

But truly...these days, very few people do straight out crunches....most do modified ones as knowledge and technology has developed.

Anyways just my two cents.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#12New Post! Jul 15, 2009 @ 02:41:14
Riders idea of exercise.
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#13New Post! Aug 26, 2009 @ 11:58:21
I'm beginng my third year in Manhattan College majoring in PE. The hardest thing to do is to isolate losing weight in a section of your body. Basically, belly weight is caused by inactivity in that region. Standing all day will tend to increase belly fat. Isomatrics is exceptional in isolating body areas but it takes plenty of stamina and body stress to complete the regimen. Also unfortunately, when an area is isolated it reduces body contouring, basically you just won't look good.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#14New Post! Aug 26, 2009 @ 12:03:20
@vicki Said

I'm begging my third year in Manhattan CFollege majoring in PE. The hardest thing to do is isolate losing weight in a section of your body. Basically, belly weight is caused by inactivity in that region. Standing all day will tend to increase belly fat. Isomatrics is exceptional in isolating body areas but it takes plenty of stamina and body stress to complete the regimen. Also unfortunately, when an area is isolated it reduces body contouring, basically you just won't look good.

Or eat right and exercise more...
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#15New Post! Aug 26, 2009 @ 12:04:25
@markfox01 Said

Or eat right and exercise more...

If people did that no one would have a weight problem. And it's a billion dollar industry today.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs