Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#31New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:11:00
@angelcake Said

It's like the mentality we had at our school. I was really really ill during the last 2 years of school and managed to come out with 2 A's and 8 B'S, which after missing about 45% of my lessons I thought was f***ing well done, but no because I didn't get enough A's I was a failure Tbh I did bloody well to get those grades and IMO saying anything other than an A is a failure is completely wrong. A pass in the UK is anything from a A - D grade and you need 5 A - C grades to get into college, a lot of kids never achieve that.

Some times as far as schooling is concerned a little perspective of what actually happens and the grades that are actually attainable needs to be said. Up until recently as well I though most uni students came out with a 1st, quite clearly they don't!

The grading system for the UK is exactly like the US system as far as passing grades, however not the college bit.
Carly's Mommy

#32New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:13:56
@x_Laura_x Said

When I did my GCSEs my results were completely average, except for a couple of Bs and an A, when people go on about a B being a bad thing it winds me up and it's one of those things that makes you feel a bit s***ty, get me?

I don't think a B is bad, by all means I'd be very pleased with straight Bs.
But my mentality is, if I got a B, there's no reason why I couldn't get that up to an A. And that mainly comes from the pressure I receive from my dad.

With math, and pretty much math only, I have a roller coaster of grades in one quarter, an A then an E then a C then a D then a B. Somehow I manage to get a C/B on my report card everytime, but that's just cumulative.
Michael718 On March 16, 2010
.... Evil genius?

Deleted

Caprica City, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:14:54
@Kristy69 Said

Indeed.

With my APWH class last year, I would sometimes half-ass the outline, because the will just leaves you mid year, and I would get a 10/10 on it.... BUT somehow I always filed the weekly quiz for it.

I had a B all year anyway, but the above just makes no sense to me.

Now I will be perfectly honest, I have a learning disability. I cannot take tests; that's always been my weakest point, tests and quizzes. I'm way better than I was in elementary school, however occasionally I will learn all the info and as soon as I'm looking at the test in front of me, my mind goes blank and I freeze.

So I think that's why my test/quizzes were so bad but I did well on classwork/homework.

Ooooh that sucks. I'm the opposite. YThings i don't even remember being taught will suddenly just... come to me in the exams.
Carly's Mommy

#34New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 10:18:06
@Michael718 Said

Ooooh that sucks. I'm the opposite. YThings i don't even remember being taught will suddenly just... come to me in the exams.

Most of that really just comes from my state of mind at the time. If I'm already stressed (either in general or about the test), I'm more likely to do worse. If I go into it already calm or happy, I'm cool. It's all good.

I had a lot going on in my life during elementary school, and I was doing really bad for that reason. I couldn't concentrate with so much crap at home.
Fallen_Angel72 On October 20, 2009

Deleted

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 12:08:11
I remember getting homework when I was in high school but it wasn't alot. I was a typical teenager who didn't want to learn and ended up leaving school with no exam results. I really regret it now but at the time I was like sod this I ain't doing that. My youngest son who is 11 was getting loads of homework every night until parents complained and now he just gets one piece of homework to do on a friday. I think it's unfair the amount of homework given. For christ sake they are in school learning and studying for about 6 hours a day. They should be able to go home and have their time with their friends etc.. not sit down and do more studying
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs