my view on pain meds

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#31New Post! Jul 10, 2009 @ 23:20:58
@loveis Said

You're right for the most part; taking a pill to solve things can actually be detrimental at times...take fever for example; taking a fever reducer can be bad for you because fever is the body's way of fighting off infection..
so, yeah..just one example..

That's true, I agree.

I guess when it's not us but say a young child, or a baby, it changes again. I wouldn't want to see my baby distressed, so I would give whatever was safe for him/her - I wouldn't let them put up with it although I might choose differently for myself.
nature7778 On March 21, 2010

, Minnesota
#32New Post! Jul 12, 2009 @ 22:20:19
It's great seeing others write about how medications are overused. Natural healing methods are much better and they're effective when used properly.

Tons of drugs weren't so easily available hundreds of years ago. Our ancestors used other forms of healing like essential oils, herbs, and acupuncture.

After a severe accident almost killed me seven years ago I was in non-stop constant pain for almost a full year. The only way I was finally able to completely heal was by taking certain supplements.

I believe in the power of healing naturally so strongly that I created a website just to give away free info. Plus, I'm currently in the process of becoming a natural health consultant.

From what I've learned so far, it seems like the only thing natural healing methods cannot heal are problems related to missing genes. There are natural cures/remedies for virtually every ailment. Each individual will respond differently to natural remedies, but they're definitely worth a try.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#33New Post! Jul 13, 2009 @ 08:23:29
@nature7778 Said

Tons of drugs weren't so easily available hundreds of years ago. Our ancestors used other forms of healing like essential oils, herbs, and acupuncture.

That's true, but those people didn't live as long. Medications have lengthened the life span and improved the quality of life of many many people over the years. So has, to be fair, knowledge about healthy diet and lifestyle, but with respect, asthmatics, diabetics, heart attack victims and anyone with a brand new baby would probably not like to go back to herbs, elixers and leeches.

We have a luxury of choice in our health treatments that our ancestors never had. They key word is CHOICE. If you wish to explore herbal and alternative ailments you can, given the huge amount of research and info you have at your disposal. You can also take advantage of traditional & well studied and researched western medicine when you need to. Everyone does whatever they need to to find an answer, praticularly if they are extremely ill.
Exylis On May 27, 2012

Deleted

Madison, Belgium
#34New Post! Apr 13, 2010 @ 08:02:09
@chisa96 Said

**i do not condone people altering meds on their own, or telling people not to seek medical attention for their ailments* *furthermore, i am not saying that there is no one out there who legitimately needs medication**

that being said, it seems to me that people these days are turning to meds to cure every little ache and ailment they get... and for some reason it just drives me up the wall... there is something to be said to just dealing with a headache, sucking it up when you have a cold, and pressing through the pain... we do not need a pill for everything and sometimes its best to deal with our problems naturally...

it just seems that people today need to numb out any kind of pain they get, and that is so wrong... pain isnt necessarily a bad thing-- it is an important part of the human spectrum of experience... we learn through pain... pain makes us stronger... pain makes us better appreciate our lives after the pain has passed...

it is my opinion that people should explore other methods of coping with the pain they are in before turning to medication...

(i know this isnt a whole lot different from what i posted in the depression thread, but this view includes much more than depression meds and i would be more interested in discussing it in a broader sense than such... and i feel like ive contradicted myself between that and another thread in that area... again though, im not saying that people should just flush their pills without talking to a doctor, and i acknowledge that some people truly need meds-- i dont want people getting all hurt and offended over this view; i just want to discuss it with anyone interested)

My thoughts exactly man. You can hardly watch TV without running into a barrage of prescriptioon medication advertisements. Anyone else notice that the side effects have gotten worse?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs