Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Philosophy

"Reality"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
epicnessincarnate On April 06, 2010

who knows..., Australia
#1New Post! Jul 09, 2009 @ 13:52:41
I have developed a theory which i have tested, and seems to work in small scale experiments. I have occasionally been able to repeat results which should at least make it interesting for you scientisty people on TFS . This is my first time using writing out the entire theory so it may be al little bit confusing.

I believe that "reality" as we know it is not as inflexable and solid as scientists think. It seems to me that reality is affected by the mind-set and beliefs of those in certain areas and that these people affect the reality in their immediate vicinity.

Therefore if enough people believe in something adamantly enough, it might just exist somewhere in this universe or even on this very planet. Mythological creatures such as werewolves and minotaurs, Entities such as God, Buddha and even Zues, these things may have or might still exist.

Depending on the strenght of the belief and whether there is a belief in many or a single being, it affects the quantity or strenght of that/those being/s.

Similar beliefs with small differences and large similarities, Christianity and Catholicism for example, could create a being that has many guises but is the same essential conciousness.

I have never been able to create a large enough experiment because my friends just laugh at me, but i have done small scale test's without informing the other person that it is a test. I assume that if the subject knew, they would automatically resist any attempt.

To conduct these test's, whenever there is a choice that someone has to make that isnt very important (dont want a massive affect on their lives, if it does work) think of one possibility and just repeat it over and over in your head.

To conclude, think of the implications for a minute. The world could be a much better place. If I am wrong, then we are stuck with the reality we've got, deal with it
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Jul 09, 2009 @ 14:22:47
have you ever read Terry Pratchett? He brought that up in "The Hogfather" If enough people believe, it is true. Take away that belief it no longer exists.

who knows..., Australia
#3New Post! Jul 09, 2009 @ 14:24:05
no i actually havent read that particular book. which series is it from?
Blap_Man On January 06, 2010

Deleted

Blap Land, Afghanistan
#4New Post! Jul 09, 2009 @ 14:27:27
I do a simple test. If i can blap on it, its real fo shiz!

who knows..., Australia
#5New Post! Jul 09, 2009 @ 14:30:39
thats a good test

what im saying is we can create stuff. better machinerery, new medicinal plants buildings out of thin air. hot chicks with massive racks......
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs