The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Holding on...trying not to break "No Contact"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Bluskiez On July 02, 2009

#1New Post! Jun 30, 2009 @ 03:22:34
I'm in unbearable pain. I want my ex to take away all the mean things he did to me. I want him tell me he is sorry for treating me so badly. But he won't. He ripped my heart to shreds and there's nothing I can do about it. No matter what I do, the pain never goes away for long...it's always there. He stomped all over me and is living the high life with his new girlfriend while I just try to make it thru the day. It's not fair.

I'm going to try and be strong and not call him.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Jun 30, 2009 @ 03:29:49
Why would you want to call him if he was mean to you and doesn't even care? I understand being upset about it, I understand being angry, I understand even obsessing about it. But I don't know why you would want to *call* someone who treated you that way? He's unapologetic, which means he'd have no motivation to treat you better in the future. By calling him, you're basically saying you agree to be treated badly. You know he will treat you badly, and you initiate contact with him. I don't get it.
Octavarium On December 23, 2021

Pacific North West,
#3New Post! Jun 30, 2009 @ 03:48:32
I know it feels unbearably hard, the pain in your heart, but in time that will fade. Trust me, I know. In the end, you know that being without him is best for you and that through his actions he has shown that he was never the right guy for you, that his love was not the love you were looking for, one that can and will be true. So just hold tight and be strong, even alone you are better off, and with friends your never even truly 'alone'
Snoopsie On April 12, 2011

, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 30, 2009 @ 03:49:48
Hang in there. Even though it feels really rotten right now, it won't eventually. I promise.
Whatever you do, don't call him.
He's moved on. It's time for you to as well.
Do something awesome for yourself and don't look back.
Bluskiez On July 02, 2009

#5New Post! Jun 30, 2009 @ 04:32:19
I didn't call. I just wanted him to say sorry and make it alright...but he won't. He is selfish and disgusting. I cried my eyes out tonight, but I didn't call.
amelie3 On March 07, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2009 @ 06:34:30
@Bluskiez Said

I'm in unbearable pain. I want my ex to take away all the mean things he did to me. I want him tell me he is sorry for treating me so badly. But he won't. He ripped my heart to shreds and there's nothing I can do about it. No matter what I do, the pain never goes away for long...it's always there. He stomped all over me and is living the high life with his new girlfriend while I just try to make it thru the day. It's not fair.

I've been here and I do sympathise. Sometimes we are so in love that it's hard to step back and objectively look at who we gave our heart to.

Intrigued - what makes you think he will treat the new girl-friend any better? I'd bet good money this new girl will be in tears, dumped by him, in 6 months. Some guys just can't treat ANY women well.

Sounds like you are well rid of him.

You will survive. He will always be a jerk though I suspect. Good luck.
Eda On December 24, 2011

Newport, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 13, 2009 @ 06:04:32
Don't call. He won't say he is sorry coz he isn't. He is happy, and i guarantee that if you called you would make him even more proud of himself - that would just assure him that there is still somebody after him. And the new girl? Don't worry, he will destroy her sooner or later. Keep warm
DaneilD On July 14, 2009

North Hollywood, California
#8New Post! Jul 14, 2009 @ 09:11:38
It would be so much easier if you didn't have to know about the new girl... The idea of being replaced so quickly just makes the pain so much worse. As if losing him in the first place wasnt bad enough.

You were strong though to walk away.

I'm rooting for you.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#9New Post! Jul 14, 2009 @ 09:16:34
Yea I hate this part. When you are so angry and hurt that you can barely even control yourself, yet you are still "stuck" on the comfort and security of the relationship. I KNOW it's hard and that you miss the good times, but remember the bad times and why it's better this way. You've got the TFS girls on your side, if that means anything.
firefly46 On July 06, 2010

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:02:35
@Bluskiez Said

Your doing the right thing by not contacting him, although its hard. My wife has recently left me after 25yrs for somebody else so I know how you are feeling......Try and keep yourself busy, go out with friends and family.......spend loads of time on here with us!!!! (that has really helped me) there are some very good people on this site and you will find them. Just try and keep away from him. By contacting him he is getting the best of both worlds even though yours maybe negative attention. He is still in that security zone that he knows you still love him. Its his loss at the end of the day.. the pain will fade in time I promise you.
centrals_09gurl On August 14, 2009

bridgeport, Connecticut
#11New Post! Aug 13, 2009 @ 05:53:11
the best way to get over sumthing like this is to realize that ur life can b better off without him and find sumone else to help ease the pain
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs