The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Are the good times really over for good?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 05:29:09
thats quite a bleak view of the world... there are still kids playing outside, running around through the woods... there are still honest, hard-working families doing honest jobs to make a buck... there are still kids who dont spend their lives in a daycare... still families who connect and interact with each other... and there are still neighborhoods where kids can play outside without worrying too much about being abducted...

just depends on what people you know... and what area you live in... but for plenty of people the 'good times' are still just as you describe them... (dont actually know what song you are basing this on though...)
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 07:41:55
I don't think children can't play in the streets these days, I see lots of kids having fun in my neighbourhood and we have a 'sit down' meal at the table a couple of times a week in our house. Times are different yeah but there are things that are a lot better than they used to be, education and healthcare to name two, also people have more time on their hands for recreation and spending time with their families. The trouble with this economic downturn that hasn't happened before is that previously in the good times people saved. This time in the good times people borrowed as everyone had the dog mentality and wanted more more more. Maybe after this people will learn that the good times can't last forever and to save for when the preverbial hits the fan.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#4New Post! Jun 25, 2009 @ 12:37:02
This is great to hear that it still exists elsewhere, but I am not exaggerating, it does not happen here. Crime is high, drug use at an all time high, most teenagers are lost and have no ambition to succeed at anything, and most people do not respect others.
I did not want to appear bleak and doom. I am a happy, upbeat person most of the time, it was just an observation and wondered if this was going on all over the world.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs