bottled water

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#16New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 18:23:56
@plebian_angel Said

I hate city water.. I grew up on well water and there is quite a difference in taste.
Saying that, I hate water and always have to add crystal light to it

Ha! Me too...I have to be seriously thirsty to drink plain water...I always add Crystal Light to it too!

@SKUBER Said

To cheap and lazy Kristy, I shall continue to buy Wall Mart water,at $2.50 for a 12 pack of 20 oz.bottles!

My Wal-Mart does not have those anymore...now they have the 1/2 liter bottles that everyone else has...it's a bummer!
littlegirl10 On April 23, 2015

\, New York
#17New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 18:24:44
@scheinmoen Said

I have well water that tastes like crap. Heavy in iron and sulfer smell. I do buy bottled water but clean and refill the bottles with water from a really clean natural spring a few miles from home. After a while the bottles start to look a bit nasty so I send them into the recycling bin.

i have well water too it smells and tastes awful its so to the point where you can feel the difference taking a shower at my home to taking a shower in someone elses home... it just doesnt seem clean... well cause its not... it even turned my hair an orange color and i have to clean it with a product i found at sallys every month to keep it out... so a nice clean bottle of fresh water seems nice every once in a while....
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#18New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 18:31:37
Tap water is always fresh, and has to pass really stringent safety tests.
Bottled water is often mineral or spring water. For a start it isn't chlorinated, and some will contain bugs - not that this is a bad thing of course, we need natural resistance. Well it used to contain bugs, maybe it gets UV treated nowadays - it isn't an issue though.

Mineral water is from literally the ground, it will contain many minerals, but usually taste.

Bottled water often spends a long long time in storage. That bottled water might very well have sat in it's plastic container for two years - this has been noted. Again, tap is always fresh from the reservoir/treatment works/pipes, call it what you want.
Tap can come from a number of sources. Ours for example comes mostly from boreholes, as we're in the Pennines (A range of hills), we are literally getting mineral water through the tap There is a nearby mineral water company which will be using and selling the same stuff we get on tap.

Something you will always notice when visiting a different place, is how the water tastes different. You're literally drinking a bit of the local district, as the rocks will have dissolved in the water in minute amounts. Archaeologists can use teeth samples from skeletons to find where that human grew up - the mineral content can be that specific.

So anyway, as long as your tap water doesn't taste too bad, all you have to do is fill a container and put it in the fridge overnight. The chlorine will evaporate, and the resultant cooled water will be indistinguishable from mineral. Well this applies around here anyway, if you have a high mineral content, you may need a filter jug.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs