Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

How viable is a career in the military?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#1New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:12:44
I've been thinking... if my goals in football and boxing don't pan out what are my other options, so what I want to know is how viable is a career in say the navy (after college, if I work hard I can at least hopefully pull off a 3.5 overall for my GPA and hopefully get into a college that offers ROTC), because what I'd want to do with my life if I can't coach or play football or box is join the navy more specifically the SEALs, and I want to know how that can work out.
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#2New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:26:47
You're going to graduate with a 3.5 GPA? You can do anything.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:27:08
hugely viable and a great decision according to the guys I have dated in the military.

My exes from the military have travelled and done degrees totally paid for by the military. It's a way of life they came to love and couldn't leave - the cause of one break-up for me, which I totally understood

It is a regimented way of life, that is something that will either suit you or not. The higher in rank you get, the more they own you in a sense, but big business in the private sector is no different.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#4New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:28:26
well
first off. you gotta think things through all the way.
how weak or strong are you mentally? I mean be brutally honest with yourself.
becoming a SEAL is no easy task believe me.
You do not necessarily need to be in the Navy to apply and get a shot at being a NAVY SEAL.
You have to be in tip top shape for this.
do not believe all that Hollywood crap. most Seals are not BIG they are lean and usually pretty much all muscle.
Do you know how to swim? if you do chances are you're going to probably have to be a lot better than what you are. can you do Dead Hang Pull-ups?
anyway the point is.
a Career int he Military is very viable but not for everyone.
You sure you want to go this route?
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#5New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:29:42
If you wanted to be part of the SEALs then you will have to be the best, the cr?me de la cr?me of the military
cjm31 On July 05, 2012

Jerusalem, Israel
#6New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 06:35:05
Not something I would have liked to do but one can make a great career in the army you have a lot of choices
drbeaucroft On January 17, 2013

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 07:15:00
Do you really want woken up at 5am every morning with some idiot screaming at you, having your bed thrown out the window for not cleaning your boots properly, being forced to eat a breakfast in 2 seconds each morning, your whole unit suffering for someone elses mistake and dieing in a war when your 21?
Theres better things you could do.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#8New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 07:16:41
@drbeaucroft Said

Do you really want woken up at 5am every morning with some idiot screaming at you, having your bed thrown out the window for not cleaning your boots properly, being forced to eat a breakfast in 2 seconds each morning, your whole unit suffering for someone elses mistake and dieing in a war when your 21?
Theres better things you could do.

Eat brekkie in 2 seconds? Not bad, considering there might be a war on, and you might have no chance to eat brekkie at all
drbeaucroft On January 17, 2013

Banned

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 08:32:34
@sugarflyguy Said

Eat brekkie in 2 seconds? Not bad, considering there might be a war on, and you might have no chance to eat brekkie at all

Certainly not the life for me, im way to independant to follow someone elses rules, also i used to look at my old commander and think "who the fuk wants to end up like you, you sorry sack of rhino spunk".
KCoffee On July 31, 2009

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 22:18:20
a military career is very honorable. its one of the best ways to serve our country and prove your patriotism. i have great respect for anyone in the military because it does take a lot of courage and sacrifice.
Slim_the_BoxingManiac On August 19, 2009

The one with the Car in it, So
#11New Post! Aug 04, 2009 @ 23:30:55
If your career in boxing doesn't work out, you need to come see me
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs