Circumcision

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#16New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 10:20:11
Isn't this banned under the tighter ToS rules?
just sayin, not contributing anything.
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#17New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 11:15:55
Good to hear you were born non circumsised, woulda been a tricky op while still in the womb, hehe (sorry,im sure you know SOMEONE would have to say it)
My son was circumsised, only because his father is. At the time i thought it was the right choice so that he was similar to his dad (for toilet training etc) However, i now realise that was pointless, didnt make an ounce of difference. Its not like he gets close enough to his dad to notice, and if i had the time again, i probably wouldnt bother putting my baby through the pain for no reason.
But, i have 2 friends whos boys werent circumsised and encountered problems. One had a foreskin that needed to be cut back later in life anyway, as it somehow got stuck (a birth defect i think, there was an extra peice of skin like whats on the underside of your tongue)and wouldnt peel back,causing pain when he got an erection. And another friends little boy got an infection under the foreskin because she was uncomfortable with the amount of handling needed to clean the area after a poo.
Im sure these are rare cases and most uncircumsised men rarely encounter problems, just thought i would offer the stories i know on both sides of the argument..
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#18New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 11:23:10
There are groups of people who used to think menstruation was dirty and hid women away.
This whole foreskin argument reminds me of that. That taking it off cuz it's 'dirty' and as someone else pointed out, it's only 'dirty' if you don't wash.
That's more a person being a slob than anything else.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#20New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 18:25:25
It strikes me as barbaric and utterly pointless....no pun intended....
debbier1999 On October 04, 2009

Perryville, Missouri
#21New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 18:47:33
I don't see that it is necessary to circumcise male infants. The problem is if you are fighting about it for up to 2 days at a time, then it is a big problem for your relationship. If neither one of you is willing to give in, then I don't see how the relationship could survive unless you agree not to have children.
XCLR8 On October 20, 2009

Melbourne, Australia
#22New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 19:19:15
Well you will be all happy to hear that I sat my g/f down and we spoke about this without fighting. We have both come to agree that the boy will not be cut. He will be left the same as me. But if he has a medical reason that he needs to get it done then thats a diffrent story. And if that time comes it will be done by an Aussie doctor not a Muslim one.
I just dont want my boy to grow up diffrent to me.
Thanks everyone for your input. I took time in reading all posts and made my mind up from that.
Thanks again.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#23New Post! Jun 14, 2009 @ 19:20:26
Glad you and GF worked it out
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#24New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 08:45:22
@fitzyp Said

Despite the fact that conformity is a horrible reason to do something, I also found it a somewhat unexpected statement that it was common place as I believed it was becoming less and less common in western countries.

And as usual when I looked it up I found I was right.

These are interesting stats. In NSW alone it confirms that 50% of boys are circumcised - or were in 1984. That's still a lot I'm sure you'd agree.

I'd be interested to see some more recent stats. The majority of males worldwide who are circumcised are muslim and with the increase and influx of the muslim community in Australia, perhaps that may have had some impact on more recent statistics.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#25New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 08:54:06
https://www.cirp.org/library/statistics/CandNon-C/

This is an interesting link that confirms fitzyp's claims about the declining rates of circumcision in Australia.

According to these stats, only 30% of guys my age (over 35) in Australia are not circumcised. However, within the 16-19 age group in Oz, almost 70% of males are not circumcised now.

So the times & attitudes are definately changing.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#26New Post! Jun 15, 2009 @ 23:27:09
Does it really matter?

I am circumcised and my son is not. I have asked him if he would have preferred to be and he said, no.
When he was born, we asked the doctor to perform the surgery and he talked us out of it. He said he thought it should only be done for religion purposes.

If it is important for your g/f, go for it. Keep her happy.
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 00:33:17
@alexkidd Said

It strikes me as barbaric and utterly pointless....no pun intended....

I agree entirely. And with post 14.

Unless there is a medical reason for it to be done, I find it shocking to remove part of someones body without them having any choice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs