The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Technology & Internet:
Hardware

Problem with a RAZER Mamba mouse - charging dock not detecting the mouse wireless

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
viper_88 On June 21, 2009

, Poland
#1New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 16:45:10
Hi all I'm a new user on this forum and I hope to spend some nice time here Unfortunately, it's my first post here that is already connected to a problem. I hope that someone here will by able to help me out...

A few day back I ordered the RAZER Mamba mouse - I was thrilled about how awesome it would be to have it. So the mouse was delivered today and I already seem to have some problems with it.

Just as the manuals says, I plugged the charging dock into a free USB port (it instantly started flashing just the way it should), turned on the mouse and pressed the pairing button on the charging dock as well as on the bottom side of the mouse. Later on I installed the Firmware Updater (v1.07) and the drivers for the mouse itself (v1.04). Aftermath, I upgraded the charging dock's and the mouse's firmware to v1.07, by using the Firmware Updater.

Now the problem itself is that when I plug the mouse into a USB port, it works fine. But when I plug the charging dock into any of the free USB ports, the mouse doesn't work at all No motions or clicks that are make are reflected on the screen - it just seems as if the charging itself wasn't working properly.

Does any of the users here has that mouse, experienced the same problem and knows how to resolve it? Or just anyone who may have any idea on this?

BTW: The OS that I'm running on is the 32bit Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 (I'm a Polish user of this OS and, since SP2 is currently meant only for the English version of Vista, I wouldn't like to switch to the English version of it because otherwise I wouldn't be able to write Polish diacritics)
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#2New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 16:48:06
This is the reason why I never use a wireless mouse, too many complication, plus keeps running out when I need it

, Poland
#3New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 17:08:17
I must admit that I already had a wireless mouse prior to this one and that everything was fine - the only thing that was meant to be done with the previous mouse to work, was to plug the USB stick into a USB port and that was it, no drivers installation was required. Only here, due to sme special functions of the mouse, like programmabe buttons, was such an installation required
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#4New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 17:50:56
Try removing the drivers and then reinstalling them.
If not you could try and downgrade the firmware if it's possible.
It might be the USB port you are using so try another port.
Or if all else fails send it back to the company you bought it from.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#5New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 17:56:40
@myk1992 Said

Try removing the drivers and then reinstalling them.
If not you could try and downgrade the firmware if it's possible.
It might be the USB port you are using so try another port.
Or if all else fails send it back to the company you bought it from.

Got nowt to do with firmware, probably need specific drivers for Vista, assuming that you didn't accidentally put XP drivers

Why the heck are you using wireless? I don't see the point of wireless mouses and keyboards
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#6New Post! Jun 09, 2009 @ 18:04:56
@sugarflyguy Said

Got nowt to do with firmware, probably need specific drivers for Vista, assuming that you didn't accidentally put XP drivers

Why the heck are you using wireless? I don't see the point of wireless mouses and keyboards

I was just offering suggestions, drivers was my first guess, otherwise I havent got a clue.
I got given a wireless mouse and keyboard, the mouse kept running out of battery so thats in a draw somewhere and the keyboard I still use because I dont have a problem with it, it's the mouses that are the worst.

, Poland
#7New Post! Jun 17, 2009 @ 20:36:11
Iguess the thread may be closed Inot sure in what way but whn Iplugged the charging dock into a laptop on which Windows XP was installed, the dock and the mouse were able to synchronize with each other. Later, when I plugged the charging dock into my PC with Windows Vista, they dock and the mouse were still working I'm running on the same drivers as before, so I don't even know how come synchronization achieved on the laptop lasts on for the PC now, and what the reason for not working it was earlier. I hope, however, that it won't happen again and that everything will be fine now

Thanks for your pieces of advice
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs