What do books and reading mean to you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#31New Post! Jun 11, 2009 @ 05:42:22
I forget myself and I forget the time that I "apparentently" occupy. I envy becuause I melt with such ease into the grip of that which has always eluded me, but for betters retains tantalisingley within my withererd grasp.....moreso by the day
KCoffee On July 31, 2009

Chicago, Illinois
#32New Post! Jun 11, 2009 @ 22:47:48
books are a great way to relax for me. also great for falling asleep. don't mean it in a bad way... but if i have trouble falling asleep. I read a few chapters and much easier to fall asleep.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#33New Post! Sep 30, 2009 @ 14:42:35
Books are extremely stimulating for me.

I find no barriers and anytime i can pick up on something the author is disguising, even in his writing style, it feels like i have found a secret that no one else knows. My imagination truly has no limit with books and i find them extremely satisfying emotionally.

There are certain books where i feel like im intruding in private lives, in others i feel like god looking down, in some i'm a character, in others im just this person that everything just happens around.

I can escape, learn, be, do, everything at the same time. More than anything, i enjoy it and have fun.
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 08:38:12
@boobagins Said

Books are extremely stimulating for me.

I find no barriers and anytime i can pick up on something the author is disguising, even in his writing style, it feels like i have found a secret that no one else knows. My imagination truly has no limit with books and i find them extremely satisfying emotionally.

There are certain books where i feel like im intruding in private lives, in others i feel like god looking down, in some i'm a character, in others im just this person that everything just happens around.

I can escape, learn, be, do, everything at the same time. More than anything, i enjoy it and have fun.

Sums it all up rather well. I quite agree with you.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 08:43:22
I love reading. When I was a kid I would read a book a day. No joke

As I got older and I started working more and more at school I started to read less.

Now I'm college and I'm doing work throughout the day and for a couple of hours a night when I get home, I barely have any time for it anymore

At the moment I'm reading "Down the Highway: The Life of Bob Dylan" by Howard Sounes. It's a very good book. 600 pages though and I'm only 150 in

It's gonna take me ages to get through but it'll be worth it. I love gaining more knowledge about things.

I always read lots in the holidays, I managed to finish three or four books over the summer
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 09:03:09
@x_Laura_x Said

I love reading. When I was a kid I would read a book a day. No joke

As I got older and I started working more and more at school I started to read less.

Now I'm college and I'm doing work throughout the day and for a couple of hours a night when I get home, I barely have any time for it anymore

At the moment I'm reading "Down the Highway: The Life of Bob Dylan" by Howard Sounes. It's a very good book. 600 pages though and I'm only 150 in

It's gonna take me ages to get through but it'll be worth it. I love gaining more knowledge about things.

I always read lots in the holidays, I managed to finish three or four books over the summer

Being the world's sluttiest housewife, an insomniac and having chronic back problems, I get through 2 or 3 a week. The house is a tinderbox of books and the library love me. I couldn't do without them.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#37New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 21:36:30
Books have never really been my thing. When I read, I read one at a time and usually they are non fiction books. Right now I'm reading 3 books, 2 for school and 1 for myself. The one I am reading on my own is a digital mixing book that discusses various techniques of sound engineering for popular music. The last book I read was the Twighlight series; I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and they turned out to be pretty good.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 11:12:13
@magically_delicious Said

Books have never really been my thing. When I read, I read one at a time and usually they are non fiction books. Right now I'm reading 3 books, 2 for school and 1 for myself. The one I am reading on my own is a digital mixing book that discusses various techniques of sound engineering for popular music. The last book I read was the Twighlight series; I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and they turned out to be pretty good.

I read a lot of non-fiction. I like biographies of writers, books about the music industry and anything slightly odd or out-of-kilter (I've not long ago read a book about the history of food. Startling, it was). I love good fiction, especially if I can curl up somewhere comfortable and escape into it.
whisper On December 30, 2009

swansea, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 11:15:26
@KCoffee Said

books are a great way to relax for me. also great for falling asleep. don't mean it in a bad way... but if i have trouble falling asleep. I read a few chapters and much easier to fall asleep.

I am exactly the same. I love to read horror stories...not for the blood and gore, but the way the author builds up to the horror act. I totally respect some of these authors who can use the written word to create a physical atmosphere and stir emotions.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Oct 04, 2009 @ 11:16:46
@whisper Said

I am exactly the same. I love to read horror stories...not for the blood and gore, but the way the author builds up to the horror act. I totally respect some of these authors who can use the written word to create a physical atmosphere and stir emotions.

I like anything that sends a chill. I hate getting up in the night to go to the toilet, though. Is that something moving downstairs?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs