Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Credit Cards Debt Free services

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DeafKid On November 29, 2009

Grove City, Ohio
#1New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 05:07:55
What are the Cons of Calling the TV commerical # for the DEBT FREE CREDIT CARD Thing, I have appx $3,000.000 balance and I'm having a hard time paying it off and have no savings at all with 1 year and 3 months at one job.
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#2New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 05:32:00
I couldn't tell you, I have no experience with them.
There is a show on TV here called "Till Debt Do Us Part, it has some very sound advice for money/debt management.

Some things I can think of right off are:
Know where your money is going... keep a diary of all of your spending for a week or two, it will help you to see where you can cut back.

Always pay more than minimum payments.

Call around to other credit card companies and see if they have any significantly better rates/deals. Then call your creditor and tell them what the other guys are willing to offer... ask if they can match or do better.

Make a budget and stick to it!!! (very important step)

Try and go cash only, you can cut up the physical card... you will still get your statements to repay the debt.

I also once heard about freezing your credit cards in a bucket of water... the theory is that by the time it thaws out you may have rethought the purchase! lol not sure how that would affect the card though, especially if you have a newer chip one.

Grove City, Ohio
#3New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 05:39:07
well, i have one cc with the highest balance, I pay strickly on, I do not have the card @ all.. and tha i have another cc that i keep on me for i put money on it and i turn around and use it again.. but yes keep track of what im buying & so on, would be something i need to do.. plus with gas going up. I thought about digging out my bike out of the shed & put it in my trunk, so when i'm in town I can park the car somewhere and ride out to where i wanna go instead of using it all On gas as well. in ohio right now it's $2.75 the highest ive seen it so far...
Unbarbie On April 02, 2011

Kitimat, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 05:47:14
If your credit card debt is out of hand for you, you could always go to your bank and negotiate a consolidation loan. Make sure you only ask for enough to pay off all your other debts, and then do so! You would have a set time frame and payments.

(I try to never charge up more than I can afford to pay off every month)

Grove City, Ohio
#5New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 05:49:36
I will go to my bank this weekend and ask.. Thanks
joRdixx On September 06, 2010

Ballina, Australia
#6New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 06:59:22
@DeafKid Said

What are the Cons of Calling the TV commerical # for the DEBT FREE CREDIT CARD Thing, I have appx $3,000.000 balance and I'm having a hard time paying it off and have no savings at all with 1 year and 3 months at one job.

Haven't you already made a forum about this topic?

Grove City, Ohio
#7New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 13:39:56
this is sorta a different topic, I just want to know if I call like their debt free thing, if its gonna like screw ur credit, keep u from getting loans & so on..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs