Do Pets Teach Us to Be Better People?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 18:19:45
@xTeddyx Said

Well Laura is right about some being c***s with there animals and it pisses me off and Treebs is right about the inmate thing. However maybe the program that was watched with the kids it could work, if they had some issues and was given an animal to care for and loved the animal it could help them to be a better person Or at least lets hope.

I hope so! I'm going to keep following it to see if it works. If it does, it could be an interesting way of dealing with troubled young people who are expelled, or about to be.
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#17New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 19:59:01
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

I hope so! I'm going to keep following it to see if it works. If it does, it could be an interesting way of dealing with troubled young people who are expelled, or about to be.

Let me know how the show turns out !!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#18New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 20:18:19
1) are you all just being silly, or what?
2) you raise a baby with a puppy so they will be partners for life, they will be 'tight' with each other. If you can handle it, that is.
3) even if they are in for life, lifer's can still alter their consciousness by being responsible with a dog.
4) yes, all children (even all adults) dysfunctional or not .. can learn from appropriately taking care of a dog. You learn to read their cues and their body language and they learn to read yours. When it works, it's amazing. And no it will not work, for everyone, but when other things have not clicked yet in the lifes of these specific people, then 'adopt and care for a dog' programs may just do it. Never know, it won't hurt to try, and definitely under supervision.

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 20:18:28
@xTeddyx Said

Let me know how the show turns out !!

Totally

London, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 20:21:22
@DuLu Said

1) are you all just being silly, or what?
2) you raise a baby with a puppy so they will be partners for life, they will be 'tight' with each other. If you can handle it, that is.
3) even if they are in for life, lifer's can still alter their consciousness by being responsible with a dog.
4) yes, all children (even all adults) dysfunctional or not .. can learn from appropriately taking care of a dog. You learn to read their cues and their body language and they learn to read yours. When it works, it's amazing. And no it will not work, for everyone, but when other things have not clicked yet in the lifes of these specific people, then 'adopt and care for a dog' programs may just do it. Never know, it won't hurt to try, and definitely under supervision.

No, we're not being silly, thank you very much. We just recognise that taking care of a puppy does actually require almost as much work as taking care of a baby. However, we do think that raising a child with a pet is a good idea, just not from the moment they pop out of the womb!

As a rehabilitation tool, using pets with lifers makes no sense. That's the point we were getting that. There's no point carrying out that scheme when these people (outside of the UK) will never see the outside.

As to your last point, we all pretty much agreed on that
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs