AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#16New Post! Nov 13, 2005 @ 22:18:56
@garfunkel Said
yes, that pisses me off when i see aussie jobs going overseas when there are plenty of aussies still unemployed

The problem is that these jobs are in Australia and the jobs will be filled by people who aren't in this country until the position is vacant. Just watch the liberalists accused the unemployed Aussies for being dole bludgers even though they are being denied the right to get a job.

So glad I am a Nationalist!
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#17New Post! Nov 14, 2005 @ 05:41:15
@nothinsnew Said
it seems that tomorrow in australia half a million people will stop work and take part in the biggest rally ever seen in australia.
John Howard's workplace changes arent going down that well 8)

Yeah I'll be there for sure at both the broadcasting and the march it's just not on everyone should really attend in aust because it will affect mostly everyone except johnny and his so called buddies
There totally abusing the power that they have not that it would shock you and I just don't get why Johnny is flushing aust.down the toilet,except for his own benefits by wanting to get in the history books which he has already achieved
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#18New Post! Nov 14, 2005 @ 10:51:56
Latest news is that Howard's Government is instructing the department to deny all flexi leave for protest day as well as not excepting sick leave...well, treat it as suspicious.
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#19New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 04:20:07
@el_tino Said
what are the changes?

Apart from being forced onto contracts, as as already been stated, Howard is also getting rid of the unfair dismissal laws. This means, employers will pretty much be able to sack you for anything (at least that is my understanding of it).

Did you know Howard advised all public service to not allow flexi leave today? Also leave already granted was supposed to be cancelled and sick leave traeted as suspicious. If you attend the rally you can get up to a $6000 fine.

#20New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 04:22:38
@reiko Said
Those jerks! how did they get these changes passed?

Howard has a majority of one seat in the senate, so he can get pretty much anything passed. I don't know if its true but I heard he only gave them one day to read the legislation before they had to vote.
horny_lil_devil On March 21, 2013

Wollongong, Australia
#21New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 05:35:14
when i went in2 Wollongong it was crouded but on sunrise it was overly crowded in Sydney

#22New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 05:59:42
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Howard didn't even let the senate debate it before they voted. One day to look, no debate, now vote. Bloody dictator!
phelpsy On December 18, 2005

Morwell, Australia
#23New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 23:11:51
They will people who are unskilled in no position to argue over conditions. No 4 weeks anual leave, no public holidays, no leave loading, and no penality rates. Also, most employers will be able to sack someone without reason - just because they want to. They are also about destroying Unions and getting rid of workers basic rights. Obviously, those with sought after skills will be in a position to negotiate - those less skilled or not in high demand will have no position to bargain or negotiate - and there will be no unions to protect them.

Howard is trying to send us down the American path - and look at how the underprivlidged and unskilled live there -

next he will want an American style social security system. Just watch!
respectbush On September 27, 2007

, France
#24New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 23:13:25
who cares ?
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#25New Post! Nov 15, 2005 @ 23:15:29
@respectbush Said
who cares ?

australian workers who will be so much worse off after these reforms. THATS WHO CARES!!!

#26New Post! Nov 16, 2005 @ 00:13:23
@respectbush Said
who cares ?

This is exactly the type of thinking that is getting Australia in so much trouble. 'It doesn't affect me, so why should I care?' How about a bit of compassion for people other than yourself? Let me just end with one of my favourite quotes about apathy:

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."
Martin Niemoeller

Perhaps one day you will care but noone else will?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs