# of Kids per Family

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Tailkinker On January 29, 2023
WorldOfDarknessQueen

My Backpack, Michigan
#61New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 02:05:17
I have a large family, I love my kids and I wouldn't trade them for everything in the world. BUT, would I have this many if I had been married to someone whose religion allowed birth control. Absolutely not.

I don't believe in over population, the math just doewn't add up. Yes there are over populated areas but everyone in the world added up is not really all that large a number given the usuable land mass of the planet.

Better thing would be to see to it to keep working on better forms of birth control, and preventing husbands and parents from preventing girls and young woman from using it. Making sure that woman aren't treated like breeding mares.
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Jun 02, 2009 @ 02:25:47
@Tailkinker Said

I have a large family, I love my kids and I wouldn't trade them for everything in the world. BUT, would I have this many if I had been married to someone whose religion allowed birth control. Absolutely not.

I don't believe in over population, the math just doewn't add up. Yes there are over populated areas but everyone in the world added up is not really all that large a number given the usuable land mass of the planet.

Better thing would be to see to it to keep working on better forms of birth control, and preventing husbands and parents from preventing girls and young woman from using it. Making sure that woman aren't treated like breeding mares.

hmmm, maybe I've had too many beers.

but you've lost me, and my lostness has caused my intrigueness

edit to add: I've read it again, and still non the wiser.
Paradigm10 On July 09, 2010

Old Forge,
#63New Post! Jun 03, 2009 @ 11:56:38
Some religions forbid certain forms of birth control. Moslems and Catholics being two of those religions that I can think of.

Some people believe that forbiding birth control potentially oppresses women as they are tied to the role of childbearer if they choose to be married and they are fertile.

It could also have the potential of increasing those populations in which birth control is not practiced. The population that doesn't practice birth control will eventually outnumber the populations that do.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#64New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 00:13:12
@Tailkinker Said

I undertand you perfectly.... and agree.
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 00:35:25
@shinobinoz Said

I understand you perfectly.... and agree.

I've had another look at it, and I see know what was meant.

The first paragraph, yes, fair enough. The third, also good, but so long as religion is about, there's not much chance of it happening.

The second paragraph though..
@Tailkinker Said

.. simply isn't true.

I don't understand how you can't believe in over population. Over population is: people > food, or access to food (i.e monetary wise).

The usable land mass on the earth isn't infinite obviously. Only about 10% of the land mass on the planet is habitable for humans.
03blithe_visionary03 On July 26, 2009

Deleted

#66New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 07:26:52
@crazylikeafox Said

The reason no 1 really talks about population control is the fact all "solutions" can easily turn into forced abortions and massive violations of our rights. In fact, I can't think of any safe policies out there. Just look at China. Their male to female ratio is horribly uneven. Within a generation, China is looking at terrible civil unrest and who know what else because they simply don't have enough women to sustain a healthy society.

Didn't really think of that... dang... everything is so messed up.. but i guess this is what we get

Deleted

#67New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 07:30:18
@crazylikeafox Said

The reason no 1 really talks about population control is the fact all "solutions" can easily turn into forced abortions and massive violations of our rights. In fact, I can't think of any safe policies out there. Just look at China. Their male to female ratio is horribly uneven. Within a generation, China is looking at terrible civil unrest and who know what else because they simply don't have enough women to sustain a healthy society.

@curiouskat Said

Right or wrong, most nations want us to have more kids. This eventually means MORE people going into the work force and MORE people PAYING TAXES, and this gives us a STRONGER economy.. So essentialy having more kids means we ARE paying more taxes..Think it through.. Having said that, there is overcrowding problems and our natural resourses are becoming depeleted due to those issues.. MY POINT IS, STOP BLAMING EACH OTHER AND POINT YOUR FINGER AT THOSE IN CHARGE

Right on =o

Deleted

#68New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 07:36:29
@magnifis* ** Said

Unfortunately, god (if there is one) didnt give us enough land or resources to fulfill that wish.

No, but he did give us our greatest tool, which is our minds...and we can figure something out

I can't really explain well what I'm about to say but I guess it's just that... I wish people would stop thinking that God is just this great big magician in the sky who gives everyone who believes in them what they want. He's not going to make it easy. He's going to make you learn. He's not going to give you what you want, but what you need. That he just grants people's wishes through a prayer the wrong idea (glad I now realize) and sometimes it kind of feels like some people who claim to love God are just loving what they think they can get...worldly possessions...which we don't need because our time is short.. what he can give... Eternal Salvation... everlasting love It's refreshing to find people who truly love God...just because... but it's heartbreaking to find people who choose not to believe, which is fine, it's their own choice, but why try to take away someone elses belief? Everybody needs something to believe in so when you don't, what have you got? I don't believe that in the end there will just be nothing and we just won't exist anymore. So you know... I would rather live my life believing in God, loving him and living for him and then find out that in the end it wasn't true...then live my life like he never existed and die to find out he did.
Paradigm10 On July 09, 2010

Old Forge,
#69New Post! Jun 04, 2009 @ 14:11:24
@03blithe_visionary03 Said

No, but he did give us our greatest tool, which is our minds...and we can figure something out

I can't really explain well what I'm about to say but I guess it's just that... I wish people would stop thinking that God is just this great big magician in the sky who gives everyone who believes in them what they want. He's not going to make it easy. He's going to make you learn. He's not going to give you what you want, but what you need. That he just grants people's wishes through a prayer the wrong idea (glad I now realize) and sometimes it kind of feels like some people who claim to love God are just loving what they think they can get...worldly possessions...which we don't need because our time is short.. what he can give... Eternal Salvation... everlasting love It's refreshing to find people who truly love God...just because... but it's heartbreaking to find people who choose not to believe, which is fine, it's their own choice, but why try to take away someone elses belief? Everybody needs something to believe in so when you don't, what have you got? I don't believe that in the end there will just be nothing and we just won't exist anymore. So you know... I would rather live my life believing in God, loving him and living for him and then find out that in the end it wasn't true...then live my life like he never existed and die to find out he did.

You have a lovely spirit and a good heart. I believe that in the end we won't be judged or measured by how correct we are in our beliefs but by how well we've treated those who are less fortunate then ourselves.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#70New Post! Jun 05, 2009 @ 01:49:10
@Paradigm10 Said

You have a lovely spirit and a good heart. I believe that in the end we won't be judged or measured by how correct we are in our beliefs but by how well we've treated those who are less fortunate then ourselves.

Amen!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs