Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
cat_in_the_hat On June 07, 2009

dego, California
#61New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:28:35
@Kristy69 Said

Wtf makes you right?

I am the only person to make a legit reply to this thread, a comprehensive reply at that. This guy could not even be bothered to read it before asking the same stupid questions I had already answered.

Whats your beef with me? still butt-hurt? Go take a long walk off of a short pier.

dego, California
#62New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:31:48
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

I thought it was funny when I was reading the Youtube comments of a video of Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins. It's amazing how many emo kids said that the Smahing Pumpkins where ripping off Panic at the Disco.

That's a riot! SP did heavily influence 90's emo, but rofl @ idiot kids.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#63New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:34:43
@cat_in_the_hat Said

I am the only person to make a legit reply to this thread, a comprehensive reply at that. This guy could not even be bothered to read it before asking the same stupid questions I had already answered.

Whats your beef with me? still butt-hurt? Go take a long walk off of a short pier.

With that attitude you won't be here long.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#64New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:34:55
@cat_in_the_hat Said
Go take a long walk off of a short pier.

Completely unnecessary.

If anyone can't handle debating without being rude, please put the other person on block.
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#65New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:36:00
@cat_in_the_hat Said

Disagree.
joRdixx On September 06, 2010

Ballina, Australia
#66New Post! May 30, 2009 @ 22:43:16
@cat_in_the_hat Said

In response to you...You fail. There is plenty of rap that is music, try some cunninglynguist, or MF Doom. Rap means Rythem and Poetry, and that's what it is, it fulfills all of the criteria to be music
"Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm."-The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.

As far as what emo is, here it goes. Emo is NOT short for emotional, it is an abbreviation of Emotive Hardcore. Emo was a genre of music LONG before a style,or it's current musical incarnation.

In the late 80's a member of the DC hardcore scene formed Rights of Spring, influencing Ian Makay(of Minor Threat) to form Embrace, the second true emo band. The pace of the music was slowed a little and there a little more focus of melody, and as could be expected, the lyrics became less agressive and more personal. The change in lyrical content was healvily influenced by Husker Du's 1986 hardcore album Zen Arcade, which focused more on personal issues rather than raw anger at society and politics.

By the early to mid nineties there had been a shift in sound in the genre. At that point there was a growing influence from alternative/indie bands Dinosaur JR. and others. Perfect examples of this era of the genre are Cap'n Jazz and Sunny Day Real Estate.

I have no comment to make concerning emo past the mid nineties, because after that point it went down hill quick.

Oh sorry !! Yes it does answer my question. Does it really mean emotive hardcore ? That's a first. If what your saying is true then ok please don't get angry !! I read it and I sort of believe it.. I just didn't grow up hearing emo as a genre.. I was confused about it.. No reason to tell someone to take a long walk off a short pier !! =(

Ballina, Australia
#67New Post! May 31, 2009 @ 01:51:33
Yeah well I just looked up emotive hardcore and all the mainstream "emo" bands are not included in emotive hardcore because emotive hardcore is not all about emotional music so really there is emotive hardcore and emo as in emotional.. So there's 2 one is mainstream crap and the other one is emotive hardcore which isn't very common.
magnifiSHIT On September 14, 2009

Deleted

Slaughter Avenue,
#68New Post! May 31, 2009 @ 01:55:52
Doesnt really matter to me anymore, there's good music, and then there's bad music.
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#69New Post! May 31, 2009 @ 01:58:10
@magnifis* ** Said

Doesnt really matter to me anymore, there's good music, and then there's bad music.

Good point, a lot of bands are cross genre such as Cake.
can't classify everything, it would take too long

Ballina, Australia
#70New Post! May 31, 2009 @ 02:25:52
@KulliK357 Said

Good point, a lot of bands are cross genre such as Cake.
can't classify everything, it would take too long

I suppose, not that I really even care much. Its just id never heard of emo being a type of music before. Just quite interested to know what it was. I thought it didn't mean emotional but then again there is a lot of different views.. So I give up with it lol its not really faising me anymore lol.

dego, California
#71New Post! Jun 07, 2009 @ 07:08:23
@jordixx Said

Yeah well I just looked up emotive hardcore and all the mainstream "emo" bands are not included in emotive hardcore because emotive hardcore is not all about emotional music so really there is emotive hardcore and emo as in emotional.. So there's 2 one is mainstream crap and the other one is emotive hardcore which isn't very common.

The s*** they call emo now isn't even worth bothering to define, it's crap.
Yappy1 On March 18, 2013

Deleted

, Canada
#72New Post! Jul 26, 2009 @ 18:11:26
@KulliK357 Said

Its a fashion, remember when Goths were actually common? its the same thing...

goths WERE actually common??
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs