Sock puppets getting around a ban

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 15:18:50
Quote:

19. Create multiple accounts for the purpose of 'getting around' a ban.

So if you create multiple accounts before you get banned just because you wanted to then get banned can you still come on with another active account?

So like person a joins up with account a, then decides make make account b (c,d,e etc)for a joke, or whatever.

Person A using account A then has a fight with person B and personally attacks them and is therefore banned. If they log on using account B then there has been no new account created to 'get around' the ban and therefore they are doing something perfectly ok?
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#2New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 15:30:20
The second account will be banned if there is activity in it after the first account has been banned.

It is a bit of a loophole in 3.19 but if you really want a reason to go by:

"TheForumSite.com may at its sole discretion modify this Agreement from time to time, and may modify, suspend or terminate the Site and Services for any reason or no reason and without notice. It may delete or disable your account at any time and for any reason (or no reason) at its sole discretion without notice. "
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#3New Post! May 23, 2009 @ 16:05:43
I always wondered about this myself. Thanks for clearing that up.

But even with different usernames and accounts wouldn't the IP address be the same?

Didn't know that someone could get kicked off without valid reason though! New one on me!

Not my forum, not my rules!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#4New Post! May 24, 2009 @ 01:20:31
@lilbear Said

I always wondered about this myself. Thanks for clearing that up.

But even with different usernames and accounts wouldn't the IP address be the same?

Didn't know that someone could get kicked off without valid reason though! New one on me!

Not my forum, not my rules!

Normally the IPs are the same. Sometimes they aren't. It depends how the user is accessing the site.

I can't think of any example in which someone was banned without a valid reason. Of course, those who get banned tend to disagree with what I just said, which is pretty much why that part of the rules exists. But you really have little reason to worry as long as you're not trolling/spamming repeatedly.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs