Illegal Immigration

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
FootballGal On December 06, 2010

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
#61New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 08:10:16
@claudibee Said

I thought you were in France. If you are talking about France, my sister-in-law lives in Grenoble, and she certainly agrees with the us that the UK has a benefit system that is open to all. Is yours like ours? And as for statistics, there is the old saying:'Lies, damned lies and statistics'. Is statistical proof all is should be?

Can I just say that my mother-in-law lives in Canada with her Canadian husband. Their child (who is eight) was born in the UK and therefore has dual nationality and two passports. Because she is still British and her son is too, she is able (and allowed by all accounts) to claim tax credits into her bank account! So it's not easy?

I work for a Local Authority and many of the people taking up the housing in the City are either foreign or illegal and given 'safe housing' because they are homeless as soon as they come into the country.

I can see why people want to emigrate, I myself would like to move to Canada, however I am not doing it on a whim. I have been researching for a year and I am saving up all I can so that when I get there I can buy/rent a property and find a job. I'm not gonna turn up and see what happens.

Oh and just to touch on what someone else mentioned - why the hell do all of our Local Aunthority leaflets have to be published in 15 different languages?! That is a drain on funds in itself. The cost to the council goes up in terms of printing, employing language speakers and purchasing different programmes, which means that the hard working, honest people get kicked in the bottom when their council tax goes up by 7% in a year!!
alanseago On September 01, 2010

Oloron Ste Marie, France
#62New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 10:12:23
I have lived in France for 35 years. I and my family were entitled to all social security benefits from the day we arrived. The health cover extends throughout the EU under the reciprocal agreements. My second wife was covered under my insurance from the day she arrived and under her own when she started to work as my secretary.
It is not cheap, especially for employers and a private supplementary cover is more or less essential. I pay 150 euros per month for private cover for my wife and me.
beautybaby09 On March 28, 2010

Boondocks, Minnesota
#63New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 12:51:31
@cailyn10289 Said

I love this. The illegal immigrants leech our system like it's nothing, but if an immigrant who LEGALLY immigrated needed help, they're up s*** creek. They can actually get sued and deported if they get some sort of government aid. I know with family visas the sponsor(US citizen) has to make 125% above the poverty line for the beneficiary(foreign citizen) to get that visa. I guess that rule is in place to make sure that there won't be any need to go on any sort of government assistance. A lot of people are losing their jobs, and what happens when a legal immigrant needs government assistance? Well, they pretty much get a letter saying "Hope you enjoyed your stay "

I completely agree. I work in a check cashing facility and every day i get customers that 1. Don't speak English. 2. don't seem to ever know their social security #. 3. No state issued or U.S. Government ID (just a Mexican ID) 4.Have a UST check from the government.
lynnielou On November 17, 2010

Worthing, United Kingdom
#64New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 13:29:17
Surely if an illegal immigrant can go into a goverment office and claim social benifits the goverment is encouraging illigal immigration. Shouldn't they be deported immediatly? I always thought if you were an illegal immigrant you would have to run and hide from goverment officialdom..... obviously not!

Oloron Ste Marie, France
#65New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 14:13:06
A great country where you can get a check (did you mean cheque as in bank document or a check-up)without ID. Where did they send it to?
beautybaby09 On March 28, 2010

Boondocks, Minnesota
#66New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 15:23:44
well its a check like a checking account, and no we can't cash the checks if they don't have proper id, so I've never cashed the checks for them before, but they are real checks and i have a feeling that to get those checks they have a stolen social security number. I think that our country just really needs to crack down on the illegal immigration.

Oloron Ste Marie, France
#67New Post! May 21, 2009 @ 17:13:49
You wrote of a cheque from the government, now it is a stolen cheque so they are not entiled to it. Social security IDs get stolen almost evrywhere, not just by illegal immigrants.
Maybe you need to find a more secure way of paying benefits.
MingLee On August 05, 2009

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#68New Post! May 22, 2009 @ 01:47:18
@MingLee Said

Honorable Chinese philosopher, sometimes known as Fei Jo Tz, say, "Each mouth two hands."

In the interests of full disclosure, maybe I should fess up. As far as I know, Fei Jo Tz is not really a Chinese philosopher. Fei Jo is my transliteration of the Mandarin characters for African. The maxim is supposed to be an African proverb.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs