Forums: Health & Fitness:
Medicine

sleeping pills

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rolex12 On April 01, 2010

sydney, Australia
#1New Post! May 19, 2009 @ 10:13:49
how long do sleeping pills generally take to leave your system after you stop having them my friend was spiked by her x bf for 2 months
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#2New Post! May 19, 2009 @ 10:22:42
@rolex12 Said

how long do sleeping pills generally take to leave your system after you stop having them my friend was spiked by her x bf for 2 months

That's AWFUL! I would say they should be out of her system within a week. I hope she's okay.

sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! May 19, 2009 @ 10:39:44
Technically they shouldn't stay in the system for very long. It depends on the drug & the dose.

How long a drug affects you is described in medicine as the 'half-life' of the drug. Most medications don't have a half-life - or time that they effect the body or bloodstream - for any longer than 24 hours. That's why we take most medications daily.

The physical effects of taking sleeping pills for that long may include disrupted sleep patterns & other associated s/e's I'm not familar with. I am concerned to know how many sleeping pills he might have given her every time she was dosed. I assume it was not too many since she did not realise for quite some time that anything was wrong.

Needless to say the guy is a complete prick. She can get lawyers involved if she wants to but that's another issue.

If I were her, I would see a doctor and have a few tests - some blood tests and some renal/kidney function tests to ensure that the amount of sleeping pills has not interfered with her renal function. I doubt it has but if it were me I would want to be sure. She should just tell a GP and they will do the necessary tests.

They will probably suggest a few tests for STD's too, under the cirucmstances.

Do her family know what has happened? She should tell them espec if she is close to your age.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs