Web Design & Coding

Script to open links in new window without "target='_blank'"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#16New Post! May 14, 2009 @ 00:05:11
mostly it's been more tedious than complicated, but this iframe thing has been one of the more tricky things to work out so far.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#17New Post! May 14, 2009 @ 00:15:01
I just put a test page in a frame, and it works perfect! Thanks so much!
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#18New Post! May 14, 2009 @ 00:17:09
@Lili Said

Drupal. I really like Drupal in every way except theming. Theming is not their strong point. In order to change the output, you have to go into the module core code, find the function that's producing the HTML, copy it to a separate file, and rename it along specific guidelines, and place that in your default theme directory. And God forbid there are multiple modules producing your page layout. XOOPS was great for theming, they used smarty tags, so all the theming was separate from the core code, it was awesome. But they suck in just about every other way, so it's a give a take, you have to weigh your priorities.

I've got some massive Drupal tutorial somewhere...
I have no clue how to use any CMS's lol, and at the company I work at, we use Drupal when necessary...I should probably learn how to use it
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#19New Post! May 14, 2009 @ 00:24:43
@young_nick Said

I've got some massive Drupal tutorial somewhere...
I have no clue how to use any CMS's lol, and at the company I work at, we use Drupal when necessary...I should probably learn how to use it

It was a little confusing a frustrating figuring out how it worked at first, but it's totally been worth it. The reason being is that the way the Drupal works is fundamentally different than the way most CMS's work. Like Xoops and Joomla have add on sections, like you can add in a help desk section or a forum section, and each section is really independent of the others. But with Drupal, the whole thing pretty much revolves around one thing. Anytime you make a page of any kind, it's a "node". Installing modules to Drupal generally creates different content types which give this node different fields and settings, but it's still a node nonetheless. So the whole site is much more consistent all throughout. So you want to create a node with forum settings, or you create a node with recipe settings, or a node with article settings, whatever you want. But the theming is always consistant, the post settings are always consistant, it's nice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs